BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Faster Than The Speed Limit

Wheel Spacers by Velocity Motorcars...Now Available...

These are in stock and shipping at ridiculous low prices...but we've made it sweeter with special 1addicts price...PM for best price the internet has to offer on the best quality spacer the market has seen.

SEE THESE SOON ON YOUR CAR.....:thumbup:
  • 3mm
  • 5mm
  • 10mm w/ SPACER LOCK FEATURE
  • 12mm w/ SPACER LOCK FEATURE
  • 15mm w/ SPACER LOCK FEATURE
  • 18mm w/ SPACER LOCK FEATURE

Last edited by vmcllc; 11-17-2009 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: updating thread
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Only weeks to go....
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Hi Chad. Questions then... 3mm and 5mm, I assume no hubcentric extension? What about the others?

Do bolts come with these, or are they purchased separately?

Are the bolts black? If not, will you have the black covers for them?

What is part number 3 in the diagram above? It looks like you bolt the spacer on via the rotor retention bolt hole. Is that true? (never seen that before, but if it works, it might make alignment of mounting wheels easier)

On 6/18 (3 weeks ago) you mentioned 4 weeks to go, and today "weeks to go". Do you have a timeframe for them being shippable?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #4
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Hi Chad. Questions then... 3mm and 5mm, I assume no hubcentric extension? What about the others?
You are correct that the spacers themselves are not hubcentric, but I have drawings and got quotes to manufacture hub extensions which alleviates any issue with the wheels now becoming non-hubcentric. But I only am having the spacers themselves machined until I see a demand for the hub extension. I want to offer low prices and to do that I must order in high volume which can be expensive...

Note: THIS IS ONLY FOR THE 3 & 5's. THE 10, 12, 15, & 18 ARE HUBCENTRIC...

Quote:
Do bolts come with these, or are they purchased separately?
Bolts are part of the package though you will have the option of removing the bolts if you wish, for those that run studs.[/quote]

Quote:
Are the bolts black? If not, will you have the black covers for them?
Yes, the bolts themselves will be coated black. We purchase large qty of bolts and send them to a Tier 1 supplier that coats products for the very same BMW that you drive...these are topcoated per BMW spec...so you know you are getting a quality coating.... So this is not close to the BMW finish IT IS THE BMW FINISH. Also I think it's very important to mention that we purchase the best bolts on the market, these are not some no name brand bolts made in China...these are manufactured in Germany by a leading bolt manufacturer of wheel bolts. I will release name of manufacturer once these kits are released for sale...so don't worry, you will know who it is...

I do want to point out that we as far as we know will be the only supplier of these wheel bolts coated black for one but coated to the same BMW wheel bolt spec. I talked with the manufacturer of these wheel bolts and they have no interest in coating them Black, so that is why I took it upon myself to have them coated because this is what I would want and I knew this is what the market wanted...

Quote:
What is part number 3 in the diagram above? It looks like you bolt the spacer on via the rotor retention bolt hole. Is that true? (never seen that before, but if it works, it might make alignment of mounting wheels easier)
Well that is exactly what that is...for spacer 10mm+ you will be supplied a grade 10.9 bolt that will allow you to bolt the spacer up to the wheel hub to make removing and installing your wheel spacer easy...I've seen people fumble around trying to jockey a 20+ lb wheel/tire while trying to keep the spacer on the hub and thought how ridiculous they didn't provide a means to fix the spacer to the hub...so we did...:w00t: This will make it much easier for installation..

Quote:
On 6/18 (3 weeks ago) you mentioned 4 weeks to go, and today "weeks to go". Do you have a timeframe for them being shippable?
:biggrin: They'll be finished getting machined next week..

UPDATE....the machine work won't be finished till the end of this month...that's how it goes sometimes.....

and originally that was all that was required + the bolts...but then I wanted these to be the best spacers on the market with a low price to go along with that...so I decided to have the spacers anodized on top of that...so that will consume about another week, then I am going to be out of town for the last week of this month..so the first these will be available will be the first week of August...and it will be at this time that I will release pricing.. My goal with these was the highest quality product at a low price.. Usually this doesn't go hand in hand...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

What material?

Call
      07-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
What material?

Call
6061-T6
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #7
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the info! So all of those spacers do not have the hubcentric extension, or is it just the 3mm and 5mm without?

If they all have no extension, and you're anodizing them, they'll be pretty much identical to Turner's.

I don't know if you are aware, but there are no separate hubcentric extensions made yet for the E9X and E8X fronts yet (though I know a person working on it).
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info! So all of those spacers do not have the hubcentric extension, or is it just the 3mm and 5mm without?
3&5 only all others will be hubcentric...The pic above is the 10mm and you can see the hubcentric ring in there...
Quote:
If they all have no extension, and you're anodizing them, they'll be pretty much identical to Turner's.
No not exactly...with Turner they do not come with bolts and thats extra...and when I release pricing you will see a huge difference...not only that but the bolts we use are of quality, coated per BMW spec that we have coated ourselves...

Quote:
I don't know if you are aware, but there are no separate hubcentric extensions made yet for the E9X and E8X fronts yet (though I know a person working on it).
Already know that and I already have the design with drawings...for the e9X's and e8X's as well as earlier BMW's... I got quotes on these but for the initial release they had to be put on hold till round two...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Here's some pics from today after the spacers were getting machined....

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well...it's time to release these...

VMC BMW Wheel Spacer Kits

You can see these loaded up on our site now ready for sale of the most comprehensive package available for BMW wheel spacers...at a fantastic price to go along with it....

Hurry up and get yours ordered before the first run production is all gone..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

After running around all morning long I was able to snap some pictures of the wheel spacers that we are manufacturing. These are the finished parts after machining...They have already been dropped off at the coated to get anodized and then they will be completely finished.....

They look pretty sweet and fit like a glove...

This is just the 10mm, 15mm, and 18mm....

All spacers are marked with our name, P/N, and spacer thickness...for easy identification...

Here's the pics...

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #12
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Now I need to figure out what wheels I want..
      07-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I like that you incorporated the bevel on the inside, similar to the Rogue spacers, that make it really easy to remove them, if they get stuck on at all. Nice work!!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Now I need to figure out what wheels I want..
They work with stock rims as well....so why wait...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #15
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I like that you incorporated the bevel on the inside, similar to the Rogue spacers, that make it really easy to remove them, if they get stuck on at all. Nice work!!
Thanks...I wanted these to have all the bells and whistles, plus some extras...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #16
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Okay...

Wheel spacers are done...Here's a quick shot of them before my battery died in the camera...so it's not the best quality photo...had to quickly snap the shot...

This shows the spacer(obviously) along with either the silver RAD bolts or the black RAD bolts that we have coated ourselves...

Also shows the "Rotor Hold Down Feature", 10mm and up only, which is exclusive to Velocity Motorcars Spacers. This little feature has been a long overlooked feature that helps out you guys that use wheel bolts...it locks the spacer onto the hub so when mounting your wheel/tire it keeps the spacer securely mounted so no fumbling around with spacers falling off the hub or having to align the holes with the hub threads...it makes installation easy as pie....

Again here is where they are located...
Velocity Motorcars Wheel Spacer Kits w/ Exclusive Spacer Hold Down

We have plenty of black bolts in stock...and have a few silvers in stock...though we just ordered more silvers as I was surprised to see the amount of orders for silver bolts...I just thought the blacks would be the top choice...but there are the few that want silver, so we have those coming in to stock up on the silvers....
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #17
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

May be a dumb questions but, are spacers completely safe to use? Will they compromise the connection between the wheel and the hub? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #18
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
May be a dumb questions but, are spacers completely safe to use? Will they compromise the connection between the wheel and the hub? Thanks.
Spacers are 100% safe to use as long as you install them properly....and all that's required to do that is make sure the wheel hub face and extension are free from corrosion and scale...that's all...

You may think the hub extension that holds your wheels concentric to the hub is transmitting the loads from the wheel to the hub, but that is only meant to locate the wheel onto the hub. The bolts/studs provide the clamping force that takes the load...

Spacers have been around for a very long time...for the very same reason they are today...they work and they get the job done...:smile:
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #19
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just a note....the 3mm and 5mm are going quick...allot quicker than expected...so get your order in, as these are first come first serve....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #20
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Just a note to those 1Addicts that want a non-staggered wheel setup. Grab yourself a set of Chad's 12mm spacers and a pair of used OE 264 rear 18x8.5 and you are ready for front tires up to 245, depending on ride height.

Personaly, I'm praying Chad goes ahead with the 7 or 8mm hubcentric size as they will be perfect for fitting the new Breyton GTS-R lightweight 18x8.5 et48 on the front with the ideal effective offset of 40-41mm. Put me down for the first set of 7-8mm if you do them, Chad. No other source for spacers offers that size--I've looked.

Edit 9/10/08: TC Kline Racing only uses a 5mm spacer for the 18x8.5 Breyton fitment with up to 245x35-18 tire on the front.
      08-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #21
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
Personaly, I'm praying Chad goes ahead with the 7 or 8mm hubcentric size as they will be perfect for fitting the new Breyton GTS-R lightweight 18x8.5 et48 on the front with the ideal effective offset of 40-41mm. Put me down for the first set of 7-8mm if you do them, Chad. No other source for spacers offers that size--I've looked.
Mike,

I would be more than happy to help you guys out...as mentioned I do have 8mm on the docket, but these require hub extenders, which I have already created the drawing for...Though I didn't include this setup for the first round. If I can get more people interested in the 8mm I would love to do these as well... These hub extenders will be specific for the 1 series as well as the e9X 3 series...

So if we can get a list going I would definitely work on getting these out to you guys...:smile:

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #22
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

8mm Request List

Who wants to buy 8mm spacers with hub extenders?

1. mikeo - black RAD bolts