BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
focusedsketch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Arrow DIY Request: Ebrake handle swap

Aside from a few other mods I've been trying to accomplish, I can't figure out how to change the ebrake handle. I've read through bimmiman.com's how to and it doesn't make sense since the how to is written for a 3 or similar, not the 1 and the 1's ebrake base is wider at the base. I clipped the OEM ziptie and removed the leather housing to try and figure out how to remove the handle but no luck. I couldn't find a screw. Maybe I'm just not cut out to try modding. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 01:50 AM   #2
wa128
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 135i DCT

There are two small metal tabs, one on either side of the brake arm. The handle itself has two small openings into which the tabs attach to hold the handle in place. You need to slide a flathead screwdriver in between the arm and the handle, then twist the screwdriver such that the flathead creates a gap to separate the hole away from the tab. Do this on both sides while pulling hard on the handle.

When you slip on the new ebrake handle you got to push in real hard to clip on the tabs into the holes.

Good luck.
      07-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
focusedsketch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

does anyone know if this will work for this type of handle?
[IMG]https://st15.flashecom.com/**********/images/Products/Bimmian/bimmian_ebrake_5.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0