BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
What's the best way to protect Leather from the SUN

Hi guy,
My work has no covered parking, so I'll be parking under the HOT California Sun for at least 9hrs a day. I'm still looking around for tint but I don't think I can tint it really dark (CA laws..:bs. And even with tint I don't think it'll stop that Strong sun from slowly killing my leather. So, what's the best way to protect my leather seats (Coral Red) from fading, cracking, and other horrible things? Leather protection? Car covers? Ideas please.

Thanks a million!:w00t:
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
Hi guy,
My work has no covered parking, so I'll be parking under the HOT California Sun for at least 9hrs a day. I'm still looking around for tint but I don't think I can tint it really dark (CA laws..:bs. And even with tint I don't think it'll stop that Strong sun from slowly killing my leather. So, what's the best way to protect my leather seats (Coral Red) from fading, cracking, and other horrible things? Leather protection? Car covers? Ideas please.

Thanks a million!:w00t:
I have coral red also. I use a sunshade when the car is parked outside.

I think the best thing you can do is to continue to use a conditioner on the leather. I use the Zaino line. Z-10 leather in a bottle. I would use this every 3 weeks and I think the leather will be ok.

Depending on the color of your car, a carcover may work for you. I have jet black and a carcover causes swirls, so I just use a sunshade now.
      07-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #3
Nice1
Captain
Rep
Drives: e82

Z9 and Z10 work nicely and smell great! I also use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dashboard and non-leather surfaces, but the manufacturer claims that it can also be used on leather.

Most good quality tints will also block off practically all UV rays so don't worry if you can't tint them dark.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice1 View Post
Z9 and Z10 work nicely and smell great! I also use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dashboard and non-leather surfaces, but the manufacturer claims that it can also be used on leather.
^- Exactly the products I use.

Appreciate 0