BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Recommend a good Euro-Delivery dealer in Pittsburgh?

I am going to be in Europe next year (date TBD) and really want to do a European Delivery while I'm there. Can anyone who's gone through the process in the Pittsburgh area recommend a dealer?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
wnta135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sedona Red 135i

Not able to help you with dealers in Pittsburgh, but since you are doing ED next year maybe the ED program will have their own allocation of cars and you could go thru <http://www.edbmw.com/main/edcontact.html> to set it up. You can also do Performance Center Delivery also.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

I don't know about euro delivery, but I recommend Sewickly BMW. My CA was Mike Ivey. I don't know about P&W, although I've heard bad things about their service dept (work in shadyside and a coworker gets her bimmer serviced there). I've also heard of a friend who had a 2004 E46 M3 having a problem even getting to look at the new M3, b/c he didn't look "serious". But that's just the few stories I've heard. I did have a good experience with non-ED at sewickly, but check it out for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
jkp1187
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been to P&W yet, although they're the closest ones to my new house.

For the record, A&L out in Monroeville does *not* do European Delivery at all, which kind of surprised me.

I'm not sure what the link to edbmw.com was about, though. I've talked to Irv Robinson, but my understanding is that he's a regular dealer in Barrington, Illinois, who just happens to do a lot of European Deliveries.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
fshowcars
Getting Pulled Over
Rep
Drives:

Dude... A&L sucked! I called there to get a quote and to talk about my 1 series and the woman didn't even want to quote me because I talked to 'someone else'... she said that she wouldn't be able to help me!

I hope that P&W doesn't suck... I am going in for service next tuesday and so far so good... I guess i'll have to wait until i get the car back!!!

I had no issues buying, but I also knew what i wanted and ordered it before ever going to a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
jkp1187
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshowcars View Post
Dude... A&L sucked! I called there to get a quote and to talk about my 1 series and the woman didn't even want to quote me because I talked to 'someone else'... she said that she wouldn't be able to help me!

I hope that P&W doesn't suck... I am going in for service next tuesday and so far so good... I guess i'll have to wait until i get the car back!!!

I had no issues buying, but I also knew what i wanted and ordered it before ever going to a dealer.
Well, let us know how P&W works out. Did you buy from them?

I test drove a 128 from Sewickley and a 128 with sport package from Rahal in McMurray. The guy at Sewickley took me on a really boring route (especially when Blackburn road with all of its wonderful twists and turns was so close). The guy at Rahal took me on some awesome back roads, and was very friendly and helpful -- although he was new, so I think he was a little nervous. P&W would be the closest for me, though.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #7
fshowcars
Getting Pulled Over
Rep
Drives:

Yeah i bought from P&W... hit up Steve Swope and tell him Sonny sent you... he hooked me up and was pretty decent so far! I would use them again... although this is my first BMW and i've yet to have any service done!

so we'll see!!!

go with the 135!!! haha
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
jkp1187
United_States
Rep

All depends on money and timing of this family vacation to Europe next year (for European Delivery). If it's early in the year, it'll have to be the 128. If it's pushed back to the fall, I might have enough to go 135....but, then again, I want a car sooner rather than later, too. (It hurts that they all seem to be selling at MSRP....I hope they back down a little in 2009!)

I gotta say, though, the 128 with the sport package was a blast!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #9
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

Check with Mike Ivey at Sewickly if you want a nice test drive route. I discovered some roads I didn't know existed (not familiar with area other than passing thru on way to airport). He'll also let you wind the car out.....convinced me!! :roundel:
Appreciate 0