BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Helgeson
1-maniac
Rep
Drives:

My 130i M-sport Hatch (LCI) 2007

Hi all!

Being rather new to this forum, I think it's my time to share my diamond with you. I know it is not unique, but I know it is plain, utterly nice. And the stuff from the BMW Performance range (intake, exhaust, and short-shift) makes it even nicer, believe you me!:w00t: The throttle response - and the accompanying sound - is just awesome. Man, I love NA-engines.

Still, the top tachy/odometer photo is "proof" of that decent mileage indeed is possible to reach with the 130i; the computer says 193 km down (actually, I happened to reset it after 11 km so it should read 204 at that time), 603 km to go (to empty tank). Simple math then yields over 800 km in total. Considering the modest tank volume of 53 liters, the avg becomes about 6,5 l/100 km (some 36 mpg for you non-SI-units guys!) I know the 603 km figure is based on the last 30 km, but you have to admit that it is decent for a 270+ hp engine (the installed BMW Performance intake and exhaust should give some extra 6-7 hp). However, of course it doesn't stand a chance against my earlier 118d (tachy/odo pic below), which I ordered in Nov 07 and sold in May 08 (I liked it, but both me and the car simply craved more engine :biggrin. Back then, we talked 1201 km and 51 liters, yielding about 4,3 l/100 km or 55-56 mpg! On the other hand, the 118d lost the Engine Sound and Raging Fury challenges big time .

One shot shows the old one and the new one together - I owned both for about a month. Have you ever seen a more beautiful sight?!:thumbup: Which is which? Quite obvious, wouldn't you say? The 3-door version might not be the most practical one, but I have no problems dropping off/picking up my two girls at the daycare center and in my eyes, it looks better than the 5-door and the absence of window frames further enhances the experience.

There is also one pic with the winter rims/tyres; 17" V-spoke 141 with Good Year Eagle NCT5 205/50 RFT.

Damn... I worship these vehicles:wub: In terms of character, I'd say they have the E90 for breakfast. (And I still like the E90 quite a bit.)

BR
Helgeson
Attached Images

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Rephlex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Looks great!

Your fuel consumption is nothing short of amazing. Over 15,000 miles I've averaged about 24mpg. Trying to drive economically doesn't seem to help so I just drive as I feel like, sometimes very fast, always smooth and safe.

I've the Performance exhaust and love the sound over the stock one which is a big improvement. No discernable performance benefit though. Interested in what you have to say about the intake. Do you really feel it makes a difference other than sound?
      08-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
timmay
Private
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Looks great!

I need to find somewhere that will deliver the BMW performance range products to NZ!!! :-P
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 02:30 AM   #4
BMW Power
Pure Driving Pleasure
Rep
Drives:

Does look awesome! I'm so jealous of you... Your car basically looks like how I want my car to look. Wish I could get the Xenon's.

And I agree with every comment you made, you can make this car economic and I'm worshipping your car right now

It looks so good!
      08-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #5
Helgeson
1-maniac
Rep
Drives:

Thanks! The avg consumption of the LCI/facelift version (which includes the Efficient Dynamics technology ) is about 0.9l/100 km less than the 2005 version. This could explain some of it, but I have to admit that I had to try quite hard to reach those figures. It is indeed much easier to increase it by 50%..;-)

Difficult to say about the actual difference... I do think the throttle response is somewhat better now (and it wasn't so bad before, either...), which also is claimed in the product description: improved "Leistungsbereitschaft" as the germans so elegantly put it :-). However, of course it's the sound change of the intake and exhaust combined that is the big thing!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 03:28 AM   #6
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

4.3L/100km or 1100km per tank in a 118d? :eyebulge:

I've got an 08 120d and struggle to get more than 800km per tank! I've done about 2500km since i got the car, and i'm on about the 4th tank of diesel now... i think

The trip computer says 6.5L/100km average. How have you achieved 4.3L? Is that basically all freeway driving? I get stuck in traffic everyday to and from work, which might explain my crap fuel consumption
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
Helgeson
1-maniac
Rep
Drives:

Yes, that's just calm freeway driving. And please keep in mind that the 1100 remaining km is just an estimate based on the comsumption over the last 30 km. In reality, I never got that far, so it is more of a nice curiosity, really. Also, the computer in the 118d underestimated the actual comsumption a little (as opposed to the 130i, which actually is quite accurate).

Yet, it is quite clear that good mileage is possible with the 118d; I think I had a typical avg of 5,2 l/100km or some 45 mpg (all figures are in US mpg, btw) over the 12500 km I drove it. This is not as low as specified (4,5 l/100 km or 52 mpg) but still good, especially given that it was during the winter half of the year and the car was new. On the other hand, it included some 60-70% freeway driving and yes, traffic jams do have a most adverse impact on consumption :-(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Appreciate 0