BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
Rep
Drives: 435i

Best Choice: SF Bay Area Dealer

I plan on placing an order for a 135i in the coming 3-4 months and was wondering which dealership to go with or if anyone knew of a CA that worked well for them.

I live in the East Bay so East Bay BMW is closest to my home and would most likely be where I would service the car. So far, my experience with them has been neutral at best.

I have heard lots of people talk about Concord BMW and heard of people getting good deals with Weatherford. When I spoke to someone from Weatherford, they told me that European Delivery is not an option on the 1 series. The whole point of me waiting so long to order my car is for the purpose of European Delivery. I want to time it for a Spring vacation.

Any recommendations of dealerships willing to do ED and/or names of CAs would be great. If any of you can also tell me the kind of deal you got (MSRP or Below) that would be very valuable information as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Peter Pan is suppose to be good.
      08-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
focusedsketch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Customer service at East Bay BMW is horrible. Especially the floor manager Ray Briones. < punk. Maybe it's the fact that a 24yr old in the military paid cash for a new 135... who knows? I'll only take my car back there if I absolutely have to.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135icp

I sent you a PM but to post it also in here, i had a wonderful experience with Gena Bell of Concord. I am doing an ED on Sept. You probably have read the good deals we had so shoot for those numbers. Good Luck and you made a good choice of getting a 135 plus an ED.
      08-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
Rep
Drives: 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4One View Post
I sent you a PM but to post it also in here, i had a wonderful experience with Gena Bell of Concord. I am doing an ED on Sept. You probably have read the good deals we had so shoot for those numbers. Good Luck and you made a good choice of getting a 135 plus an ED.
All4One, be sure to let me know how your ED experience goes and if you have any tips for me when I eventually do the same.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

www.cartelligent.com

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
Squidbilly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I had a great experience with BMW Concord as well. My CA was Ken Gonsalves...nice guy, no pressure, and very helpful.

They also sent me a gift basket after I picked up the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #8
MarinJeff
The Stig
Rep
Drives: 135i

Weatherford BMW in Berkeley was great for me. Roberto Roy, my CA, gave me excellent service and an amazing deal. The finance director was also very nice. I would definitely buy a car from Roberto again.
      08-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #9
SF_VR6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' X5 M-Sport / Space Gray

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
go to Weatherford Berkeley and ask for John Meier. Tell him Duc (duke)sent you.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 04:22 AM   #10
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Heard many good things about Weatherford and Bmw of Stevens Creek. Might be a bit of a drive, but my last visit to Stevens Creek was very pleasant I look forward to purchasing my 1 there or Weatherford.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Do not go to Weatherford, they are garbage. They have terrible service, they dont negotiate and they still are charging markups. Not to mention they wont give you floormats or any other minor perks you might get somewhere else. Weatherford is Garbage.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #12
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Oh I should add Stevens Creek was decent for me. I bought from Dave Parker (the fleet manager.) He gave me a solid price, although he wasn't very responsive throughout the process. Also his assistant did a third of the work; he seemed new and not very knowledgeable. (But who can blame him..) I'd say it was a satisfactory experience.

The service guys there wonderful, I should note.
      08-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
SF_VR6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' X5 M-Sport / Space Gray

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
Do not go to Weatherford, they are garbage. They have terrible service, they dont negotiate and they still are charging markups. Not to mention they wont give you floormats or any other minor perks you might get somewhere else. Weatherford is Garbage.
sorry you had a bad experience. They got me 600 over invoice. that included invoice price on the options too. It was in line with my Edmunds and Cars.com invoice pricing. Took mine home last Sunday.

:iono:
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #14
aarong_m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5 / 1974 BMW 2002

I live in the East Bay too and had my deposit at East Bay BMW with Phil since Oct 07. He only gave me $750 off MSRP. So i got my deposit back. That same day i emailed all the other dealerships in the Bay Area to see which gave me the best deal. The ones that gave the best deal were Concord BMW and Weatherford BMW @ $2000 off MSRP. I just don't like wasting my time going to each dealership and negotiating, while i can do it at home. I would have gone to Concord if Weatherford didn't match or beat the price.

As for ED..not sure which dealerships do it. I think Stevens Creek does, ask for Dave Parker. I bought a car from Dave Parker when he was at Allisons BMW, now BMW of Mt. View.

Everyone has their experiences with different dealerships good and bad. Good luck with the ordering and hope to see you around at the meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerDreamer View Post
I plan on placing an order for a 135i in the coming 3-4 months and was wondering which dealership to go with or if anyone knew of a CA that worked well for them.

I live in the East Bay so East Bay BMW is closest to my home and would most likely be where I would service the car. So far, my experience with them has been neutral at best.

I have heard lots of people talk about Concord BMW and heard of people getting good deals with Weatherford. When I spoke to someone from Weatherford, they told me that European Delivery is not an option on the 1 series. The whole point of me waiting so long to order my car is for the purpose of European Delivery. I want to time it for a Spring vacation.

Any recommendations of dealerships willing to do ED and/or names of CAs would be great. If any of you can also tell me the kind of deal you got (MSRP or Below) that would be very valuable information as well.

2006 BMW M5 7spd SMG/SIlverstone : 2008 BMW 135i SGM/JB2/BMS(SOLD 1/2010) : 1974 BMW 2oo2(5spd w/ 3.91LSD) : 2002 BMW M3(AW/6spd) Sold 8/07 : 2002 BMW 325i(SGM) Sold 12/07 : 1993 BMW 325i Sold 8/04
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #15
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_135i View Post
sorry you had a bad experience. They got me 600 over invoice. that included invoice price on the options too. It was in line with my Edmunds and Cars.com invoice pricing. Took mine home last Sunday.

:iono:
Ive had bad experiences there multiple times. My Dad bought an E36 325 vert, when he took delivery they only gave him one key and refused to cut him another one despite the fact that I have never bought a car that didnt come with at least two keys. Then my friend went in there to buy that M3 Competition on their showroom floor and they gave him a terrible Interest Rate and refused to negotiate on the price at all. Also, the Salesman we went to see first gave was busy, told us the car we went to look at was still there when it had been sold, gave us a huge run around then just took off without answering any questions and told us to call him when we were ready to talk about purchasing a car. When we called him, he answered, told us to meet him in the showroom and ignored us for over an hour. Then we finally talked to someone else, he was a real prick, told us the car was an amazing deal at 3K over Blue Book, refused to look at the Edmunds value and said the demand was so high that he could sell it at their asking price no problem and that the price was not up for negotiation. I would never step foot in that place or ever do any sort of business with them what-so-ever.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #16
MarinJeff
The Stig
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
Weird, Weatherford gave me an awesome deal ($2300 off MSRP) and gave me excellent service and gave me free floor mats. I don't know who you dealth with but Roberto Roy was great for me.

Jeff
      08-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #17
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Evo MR Touring

I've heard terrible things about weatherford too, but I can say that was not my experience last month buying my 1er. It was the *FIRST* dealer I've been to, that wasnt full of a bunch of arrogant arses.

I dealt with Jenn (I guess shes the internet sales manager there), she was very straightforward, not jerking me around etc. Probably the best experience I've had at any dealership... (I walked away and didnt feel violated.)

I'd do business with them again.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #18
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep

Forgot to add I drove about 1.25hr and I dont regret it at all... Got my mats, gave me what I wanted for my trade and walked away feeling good. I talked to 3 other dealers prior, (east bay, mountain view, and coast) and weatherford was by far the best.

Hell mountain view was trying to charge me 43k for a BONE stock car, manual transmission and sport package and that was IT. He wouldnt budge more than 500 bucks off that price, so I basically told him he could shove it. Had that whole "you dont deserve the pleasure of buying a bmw"
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #19
Sammie
Rep

I highly recommend Mountain View BMW. I ordered my car from them and had a wonderful experience.

The sales rep that I went through was Laura Blanc and she is great! She is really good with keeping in contact with you throughout the entire process.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #20
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep

I guess basically the thing is, find a good salesperson at pretty much any dealership and you'll be good. Talk to Jenn Bishop at Weatherford, or I guess laura at mountain view (the guy I talked to I think was named Alec) and unfortunately he came across to me as a total douche... maybe I just got lucky.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 12:35 AM   #21
bugaboo
Rep
Drives:

just to chime in on weatherford. i got $2000 off msrp with floor mats included, which i hear is pretty fair deal.

previously, i also bought a CPO 06 X5 from them, found out about the car as it was advertised on craigslist. after i committed to the deal, when i picked up the car, i noticed the rims were not of the 04 x5 style. So i asked my salesperson, and she said it should be the same as when i inspected it earlier. strange, as i could have sworn i didnt see those rims. anyway.. i did the deal, and i went home with the x5. when i went home, i checked my saved records, and the craigslist ad had the 06 rims. so i emailed my sales person and gave her a copy of the ad. She called, and said no problem, come in and have it changed. i got a pretty new rim, no scuff marks, and new tires. so i'm happy.

the only problem i have with weatherford is i have to pay the bay bridge toll whenever i visit them.

I agree with ronnyek. prob depends more on the salesperson.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #22
aarong_m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5 / 1974 BMW 2002

Yup i dealt with Jennifer Bishop and Roberto Roy..both good people at Weatherford. Maybe the other ones are hungry to make a sale since those 2 are getting the business.

2006 BMW M5 7spd SMG/SIlverstone : 2008 BMW 135i SGM/JB2/BMS(SOLD 1/2010) : 1974 BMW 2oo2(5spd w/ 3.91LSD) : 2002 BMW M3(AW/6spd) Sold 8/07 : 2002 BMW 325i(SGM) Sold 12/07 : 1993 BMW 325i Sold 8/04
Appreciate 0