BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
jeffgingras
1addict
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i3

Thumbs up Murray BMW of Denver

Took delivery of my 128i from Murray Motors in Denver last Monday. Kudos to Sales Manager Lloyd Giffen and Client Advisor Ben Uher. I work in a field where customer service is paramount; thus I have very high standards in this regard. My expectations for every aspect of this purchase were met and exceeded by these two gentlemen.

In addition, they were extremely fair on price. I contacted 38 dealerships using the "Payne Method." I won't go into details, but although they didn't make the lowest offer, they were very close, and the fact that they were local to me offset the cost to travel to an out-of-state dealership offering a lower price.

Went to the dealership once to meet Lloyd and Ben, sign a purchase agreement, place a deposit, and get my production number. Quick visit.

Went back a second time to pick up the car the day it arrived. Paperwork took less than 15 minutes. Ben spent about 25 minutes demonstrating the car's features. He must have noticed I was getting antsy to drive it, so he didn't keep me too long... I was on the road before rush-hour traffic set in, and have been enjoying the car ever since!

So far Murray has been fantastic. I highly recommend them. And I'll be sure to update this after my first service experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
jeffgingras
1addict
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i3

Thumbs down Murray BMW of Denver Service Department

Had my first service visit at Murray BMW a couple of weeks ago. The service department did not come close to meeting the standards of my sales experience at Murray.

Took the car in for a flashing TPMS light. Had four different members of their staff tell me that I just needed to air up my tires. I waited over 50 minutes after I arrived to get into a loaner vehicle (for which they charge $8 a day).

When I arrived to pick up the car, the interior was trashed with grease marks and dirt on everything within reach of the driver's seat. When I dropped it off, I requested that the car not be washed, but it had been. It was not dried properly so there were swirl marks and hard water deposits all over the paint. And there was still grease all around the driver's-side door handle.

The tech found that wiring for the left front TPMS electronics in the fender liner had been severed. At least the repair has been a success, so far.

To summarize, it was a typical dealership service department experience: Complete disregard for their customers' time, and failure to listen to customer requests. I was treated better at my VW dealership, which isn't saying much...

Emailed Murray's Service Director about my experience. He promised to do better next time. I will give them one more chance and report back on how they do. Unfortunately, I can't recommend them at this time.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Perf Edition m240i

Wow. Gebhardt gives me a loaner (if they have one available) for free, and I didn't even buy my car from them.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
AtomiK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Around

John Armstrong was my CA. He is one of most helpful and friendly person I've ever met. He is very accommodating, and is willing to go the extra mile for a customer. Even when I made some specific requests, he would comply with them. I would definitely recommend him.
Appreciate 0