BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
2AD Tanker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Black Sapphire Metallic

Winter car cover

I have to park my auto outside at work. I was considering buying a car cover and using it when it was going to snow so I could protect the car from the snow and potential scratching - not to mention the window scraper which always leaves marks on the window trim.

Does anyone have any experience with a winter car cover? Would it possibly freeze to the car/paint and cause damage?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

I think that a cover would cause more scratching taking it on an off. I would protect the paint as soon as possible with ZAINO, Z5/Z2 and CS (do a search on this forum or check out the Zainostore web site). ZAINO is like protecting your paint with a coat of Teflon, nothing will stick to it. To help protect the windows from scrapers, you can put a cover on the windshield while you are working. The rear window has the defroster. Side windows should clean off easily. Put winter fluid in the washer well ahead of time.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
2AD Tanker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Black Sapphire Metallic

I have seen a lot of comments about Zaino. I have been using Meguiar's for years and love it. Is the Zaino stuff really that much better??

Thanks for the tips.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

If you love Meguiars - then that is better than nothing. In my opinion Zaino is excellent, but it is hard to know how it compares up agaisnt everything else. I would place it above Meguiar's
Appreciate 0