BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
JimBeemer
Private
Rep
Drives:

What am I missing?

My 09 135 (AW/Coral + sport + ipod + ca) is scheduled for me to pickup on Oct 18th.

I have placed some pretty large orders with Detailers Domain and Zaino.

From Zaino:
Z2 Pro
ZFX
ZCS
Z7 carwash
Z18 Clay bar
Z6
Z9 and Z10 Leather stuff
Z16 Tire Gloss
Applicator pads

From Detailers Domain:
Adams Detail Spray
Adams Glass Cleaner
Adams Carpet Cleaner
Adams In and Out spray
Various brushes
Microfiber cloths, waffle weave dry towels, microfiber pads, etc etc
Grit Guard

Amazon:
FoamMaster II foam gun (attaches to garden hose)
Gilmour Platinum 50' hose
Firehose nozzle attachment

Amazon actually has a huge selection of car detailing supplies for very cheap. The FoamMaster gun was only $36. It goes for $60 at most of the online detail supply shops I checked.

Can anyone suggest any supplies that I am missing?

I know I need some tire and wheel cleaner. I am thinking of getting P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner. Not sure what to get for the tires. I will probably just clean them with the normal car wash soap and scrub em down with a hard brush. I used to work in a detail shop many years ago, and we used some pretty strong acid stuff to clean tires. Do I need anything more than carwash soap for tires if I clean them regularly (and treat them with Zaino Perfect Tire Gloss)?

Also, what is the best way to clean and treat glass? I am getting Formula One Ceramic tint, and I have noticed alot of the glass polishes warn against using with tint. In the past I have just washed the glass and then treated with RainX. If I get some glass polish (never used it before), will that make the external glass as slick and water-repellent as RainX?

A big thanks to Phil at Detailers Domain for putting in time to post pictures and info on the cars he works on. It made it much easier for me to figure out what I needed.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

P21S is money. I personally don't like tire shine, so I refuse to put it on any vehicle I drive. I always seem to get behind someone that has it on their car and it kicks up and splatters all over my clean hood and windshield.

-Ben
Appreciate 0