BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

What are the good BMW Dealers in CO?

I have talked to a couple dealers about getting a 135i and I am wondering if any of you CO folk have any suggestions or good personal experiences with specific dealers here (Denver/Boulder area).
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
jeffgingras
1addict
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i3

I had an excellent purchase experience at Murray BMW in Denver. I'd be happy to send contact info for my CA and the sales manager there if you'd like it. Just shoot me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
liquord
Victim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

A buddy of mine swears by Murray but I think he got hosed on the deal - 2007 e92@MSRP. I did ED with Gebhardt thru David K. I'd suggest visiting the dealers with a spec and price in hand and see if any are willing to deal with you on your terms.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquord View Post
A buddy of mine swears by Murray but I think he got hosed on the deal - 2007 e92@MSRP. I did ED with Gebhardt thru David K. I'd suggest visiting the dealers with a spec and price in hand and see if any are willing to deal with you on your terms.
I have actually been talking with David K over the phone and email as I am sitting on the fence waiting for deals to get better each month. He seems like a good guy and is in charge of Costco pricing in the state.

I am not impressed with Schomp so far at all. They told me they do a no haggle price of $1k off MSRP and I told him I dont usually spend more than 5-700 over invoice, but he still let me drive one.

I have heard good things about Murray, but if they arent willing to cut a solid deal in this market, it doesnt matter. I will visit them and see what they say but David K has been pretty helpful so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #5
stovesax08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i, X5 45e

I got a good deal from murray and have so far been happy with the service there. I recently visited ralph schomp, I don't know anything about them other than they have about a million cars there. Seriously they have around 20 1ers on the lot-several have p1 options. With the economy the way it is you may want to check there-you could probably get a good deal on one off the lot
      02-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovesax08 View Post
I got a good deal from murray and have so far been happy with the service there. I recently visited ralph schomp, I don't know anything about them other than they have about a million cars there. Seriously they have around 20 1ers on the lot-several have p1 options. With the economy the way it is you may want to check there-you could probably get a good deal on one off the lot
Schomp told me $1100 off MSRP and they are all way optioned 40k cars...I want a bare bones sport package 135i ...no cold weather/premium etc that drives the price way up. He also showed me that their build allocation was used up for that month (2 135i's) and said i would have to get on the waiting list...so if it wasn't BS, maybe he just doesn't have a reason to deal.

I got an email from the guy I spoke with at schomp about the 2 free payment deal (seemed to be a distro list he sent to, not just me) and I responded about the flexibility of $1100 of MSRP...sent the email sat, still haven't heard anything.

Yea they do have a bizillion cars, had to take a golf cart out to find a 1er to test drive.

I will go into Murray, its also the closest dealership to the house...how long ago did you buy from them?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
AtomiK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Around

I had a great experience with John Armstrong at Murray. I would definitely recommend him.

However, my experience with Schomp was less than pleasant. The CAs there seemed reluctant to answer my questions. Additionally, there is no bargaining on the prices.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
str86diesel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Alpine White

When I went through my buying experience just recently. I did not have a good experience with Murray's at all, so I ended up buying my cars through AAA Fleet sales and they in return got the cars from Co's up in Loveland.

Since the day I have picked up my cars, Co's has been in touch making sure everything has been ok and they have been awesome. Definately give them a shot.
      02-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by str86diesel View Post
When I went through my buying experience just recently. I did not have a good experience with Murray's at all, so I ended up buying my cars through AAA Fleet sales and they in return got the cars from Co's up in Loveland.

Since the day I have picked up my cars, Co's has been in touch making sure everything has been ok and they have been awesome. Definately give them a shot.
yea I have heard good things about them as well and definitely plan to talk to them.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

I haven't been to Schomp's new location yet down near Lucent Blvd and C-470. But in the old location, they seemed happy to let you test drive without over-pressuring you to buy. Since their prices are set, sometimes the only way to get a deal is to wait for the car you want to go on sale. They seem to randomly pick cars that they put on sale, so I'm not sure how they work that. The only time I know of that they traditionally put all their cars on sale is when they have a benefit event for a local hospital (children's? National Jewish?). Last year it was something like 900-1200 off the normal price. They didn't advertise the discount, they just said they had a sale. You had to ask what the discount was. Don't know much about how it works, because the used car I was going to buy during last summer's sale was sold to someone else while I was eating free hamburgers. I should have only had two.

I've had mixed experiences with Murray. They are definitely a more traditional wheel-and-deal dealership, so you really have to do your homework before going in. I had a disagreement with them on one service, but they eventually agreed with me, so they aren't unreasonable (I guess that is good). But I REALLY didn't like working with their new "Murray Motorworks" used car location down on Broadway. Those folks down there are straight up old-school Used Car Salesman liars and scum. They blew a sale with me when they straight up lied to me. I don't think Murray Motorworks really represents the rest of Murray BMW though.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
str86diesel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
I've had mixed experiences with Murray. They are definitely a more traditional wheel-and-deal dealership, so you really have to do your homework before going in.
AMEN to this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
But I REALLY didn't like working with their new "Murray Motorworks" used car location down on Broadway. Those folks down there are straight up old-school Used Car Salesman liars and scum. They blew a sale with me when they straight up lied to me.
I had this same experience with the one down in Cherry Creek off of Colorado. They kept lieing to me saying that they would sell the car to me at $500 over invoice, but the price that they kept showing me was greater than MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadeucsb View Post
yea I have heard good things about them as well and definitely plan to talk to them.
If you go up there, We delt with Ed. Even though the Sale went through AAA, he has been totally awesome to work with. I'd go through him again without hesitation.

Kev
      02-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by str86diesel View Post
AMEN to this!!

I had this same experience with the one down in Cherry Creek off of Colorado. They kept lieing to me saying that they would sell the car to me at $500 over invoice, but the price that they kept showing me was greater than MSRP.

If you go up there, We delt with Ed. Even though the Sale went through AAA, he has been totally awesome to work with. I'd go through him again without hesitation.

Kev
cool, my parents live up in Loveland, so ill stop by and see if Ed is around...thanks for the tip. Ultimately if no one is willing to deal Gebhardt has Costco pricing and I have liked dealing with David K so far. I have pretty much crossed Schomp off my list. I have no idea how they sell cars with their $1000 off MSRP no haggle non sense.
Appreciate 0