E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > rocky mountains/great plains 4ngiefest drive

03-11-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
azzy989
Rep
Drives: e46 325i

rocky mountains/great plains 4ngiefest drive

i have this posted up on e46fanatics and bimmerforums aswell. as some of you may know, 4ngiefest is on the 4th of april 2009. its basically a big get together of bmws in stone mountain, GA. i'm just gauging how many people want to meet up and go there for the weekend. here is the route that we plan to take from denver. it will take us through kansas city, st. louis, nashville, chattanooga and then finally to atlanta.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,28.564453&z=6

now we have to work out timing. i've talked to someone that wants to meet up in st louis & nashville between 6-7pm. he might have some others with him to cruise down to atlanta with. so here is how i think this can work out:

we will leave golden, CO at 9 pm MST on thursday (4/2). now as long as we are 'obeying' the speed limit that will put us in kansas city at 7 am CST on friday (5/2). if there is anyone that wants to meet us somewhere in kansas city, we will probably stop there between 7 and 8 am. we will have to figure out a good place to meet.

so now, 8 am we leave kansas city. that will put us in st. louis at about 12 pm. again, let me know if there is a good meeting place in st. louis that we can all meet up and probably grab a bite to eat. i'd say this stop will also take an hour.

so 1 pm, we leave st louis. again following the speed limit, we will hopefully arrive in nashville by 6 pm. i will work out where the guys in nashville want to meet up.

again going with a 1 hour stop, we will leave nashville at around 7 pm for the final stretch. that will put us in atlanta at midnight EST.

now i know this is hard to judge right now. we will adjust the stopping times and determine meeting locations once we get a few people confirmed to meet up with. let me know what you guys think and i'm open to any and all suggestions. its going to be fun

edit: alright we have a confirmed meeting spot in st. louis. we will meet in westport plaza, st louis. i have changed the map accordingly

as far as lodging in atlanta goes, rich and i are staying at a comfort inn about 20 miles from stone mountain itself. address is:
5793 Roswell Rd Ne
Atlanta, GA 30328.

i know there are some hotels in stone mountain itself but i've heard they can get expensive.

Last edited by azzy989; 03-11-2009 at 05:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
azzy989
Rep
Drives: e46 325i

bump...just over a week away
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Too far! Bring back some pictures and lots of them. See ifyou can pick me up a suga mama while your down there. Thanks
Appreciate 0