BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

03-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Thumbs down C'mon **********s, get with the program.

I placed an order on 4 March for an Injen intake and ~just now~ I received my UPS tracking number with a delivery date for next week. You were nice enough to bill my account promptly, on the 5th, why the 5 business day lag on shipping? That is unacceptable. Don't sell units you don't have in stock, expand operations if you have so many orders you can't fill them in a timely manner.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Mighta been handy to contact them BEFORE you posted this.. hm
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Sending you a PM, so I can look at your order.

Just for reference, your order isn't processed until it's confirmed in-stock, there may have been a situation where a mishaps being told it was in-stock or maybe it was the processing warehouses fault I don't know. I will need to look at your order. We'll always take care of your order, and you can always give us a call, email or pm us. We are always here to help and care about getting your order as quickly as possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
CitizenZ
If you had the time to post here this complaint then you had more than enough time to call the MODbargins and get and update, what 5 days even.

don't slam a vendor without info...that's not fair period. NOW, what would have been better is to call vendor, get details and then share your experience. "here is my issue (blah blah) called the vendor and we fixed the issue" It was my fault for assuming too much, it was their error for billing without having stock - whatever the out come.

MODbargins, call the customer vs posting or PM... people hide behind e-mail way too much with online transactions. Yes e-mail correspondence is great, but one way to enhance the customer experience, follow up with good old fashioned one on one communication.

k.. off soap box ( client services manager in civilian life ) and just up out of bed and coffee is lacking -

Hope the outcome is a good one and both parties are happy campers.
      03-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iUSN View Post
CitizenZ
If you had the time to post here this complaint then you had more than enough time to call the MODbargins and get and update, what 5 days even.

don't slam a vendor without info...that's not fair period. NOW, what would have been better is to call vendor, get details and then share your experience. "here is my issue (blah blah) called the vendor and we fixed the issue" It was my fault for assuming too much, it was their error for billing without having stock - whatever the out come.

MODbargins, call the customer vs posting or PM... people hide behind e-mail way too much with online transactions. Yes e-mail correspondence is great, but one way to enhance the customer experience, follow up with good old fashioned one on one communication.

k.. off soap box ( client services manager in civilian life ) and just up out of bed and coffee is lacking -

Hope the outcome is a good one and both parties are happy campers.
+1
      03-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep

Fact of the matter is, if I were an ebay seller and sat on the auction item for five days after the end of the auction, I should expect nothing less than neutral or negative feedback. ESPECIALLY after the buyer PAID. Five business days isn't long enough to assume there is some sort of fraud going on. Its just really sloppy.

For now, there is nothing to be resolved. Since the item has already shipped, the only thing that needs to be fixed is **********s's internal order processing systems. I'm not saying they are a shady fly-by-night organization and people shouldn't do business with them. I'm providing feedback on my experience.

Last edited by Citizen Z; 03-12-2009 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
I'll agree on the part about not charging someone until the product is shipped. Too many companies these days are doing that.

Other than that, I've heard good things about MB.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
We at United have the same process. Pay for the part when the order is placed regardless of whether it's on backorder or not. This ensures that the customer really wants the part.

I hope everything gets cleared up for ya bud!

I know it can be frustrating to wait on parts on back order.. I've been in your shoes a few times when ordering parts for my car
      03-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@UnitedBMW View Post
We at United have the same process. Pay for the part when the order is placed regardless of whether it's on backorder or not. This ensures that the customer really wants the part.
Well, by virtue of submitting payment information the customer is comitting to the purchase so I'm not really sure about that rationale. Best practices would be to charge the customer's account on the day of shipment.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I ordered the UUC SSK with shift knob during their SSK special, where I get the knob for free. I've received the SSK, but the knob I choose it on back order, FOR OVER A MONTH. Still haven't got it yet. You only waited 5 days
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Z View Post
Well, by virtue of submitting payment information the customer is comitting to the purchase so I'm not really sure about that rationale. Best practices would be to charge the customer's account on the day of shipment.
Wish we could, and believe me on I'm not knockin' ya.. just agreeing with their policy. BMW charges us a heavy restocking fee and we rarely, rarely ever charge a restocking fee to our online customers. This helps ensure that the customer wants the part.

Anyway I didn't mean threadjack, and I hope it works out for ya man! I'm sure they'll clear it up
      03-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #12
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
I ordered the UUC SSK with shift knob during their SSK special, where I get the knob for free. I've received the SSK, but the knob I choose it on back order, FOR OVER A MONTH. Still haven't got it yet. You only waited 5 days
Totally different scenario. If you had ordered the SSK, paid for it, and not gotten anything for a month then thats a different story.

I think the OP probably could've called them before posting but still, they charged his card 5 days before the order went out and that would annoy me too.

Flip it around for a sec. Would a company be ok with the consumer paying for the item 5 days after they received it?

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
SLO
Shane
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, RRS, LR4

Quote:
Fact of the matter is, if I were an ebay seller and sat on the auction item for five days after the end of the auction, I should expect nothing less than neutral or negative feedback. ESPECIALLY after the buyer PAID. Five business days isn't long enough to assume there is some sort of fraud going on. Its just really sloppy.

For now, there is nothing to be resolved. Since the item has already shipped, the only thing that needs to be fixed is **********s's internal order processing systems. I'm not saying they are a shady fly-by-night organization and people shouldn't do business with them. I'm providing feedback on my experience.
Incorrect statement! Many eBay sellers state their policies and they allow for 5 - 7 business days to ship!

Regardless, this isn't an eBay transaction! That's an irrelevant comparison! I buy 95% of everything I purchase online. I probably spend over $100K a year in online transactions. The actions that **********s took were the norm! Even major ecommerce sites do the same: Amazon.com, Buy.com, etc. Granted, they ususlly state the lead times for shipping but 5 days is not at all unreasonable.

EDIT: Re-read the original post. Didn't relize that the charge was placed on the OP's card before the product was shipped out. Still, it was only 2 days before shipping the product.

Last edited by SLO; 03-12-2009 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #14
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Guys take it ez, Citizen will get his product a little later than expected. **********s will work on communicating better next time..

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #15
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO View Post
Incorrect statement! Many eBay sellers state their policies and they allow for 5 - 7 business days to ship!

Regardless, this isn't an eBay transaction! That's an irrelevant comparison! I buy 95% of everything I purchase online. I probably spend over $100K a year in online transactions. The actions that **********s took were the norm! Even major ecommerce sites do the same: Amazon.com, Buy.com, etc. Granted, they ususlly state the lead times for shipping but 5 days is not at all unreasonable.
Whatever dude. Buying and selling is buying and selling, it doesn't matter which forum you use for the transaction. And FYI, most businesses claim a 2-3 day MAXIMUM processing time for in-stock items. Remember, I'm not talking about SHIPPING time, I'm talking about ORDER PROCESSING time.

From Amazon.com's FAQ:
In Stock: The item is on hand in at least one fulfillment center, and we expect to be able to prepare this item for shipment within a few hours to a few days (depending on the shipping option you choose). If the item is being fulfilled by a seller other than Amazon.com, then the seller has the item on hand and can ship it out within 2 business days. In some cases, sellers may indicate on the product detail page that processing will take longer before the item is shipped. In-stock items often enter the shipping process immediately, so it is difficult to change an order containing in-stock items. When ordering such items, please double-check the details of your order before submitting it.

From Newegg's FAQ:
Does my expedited shipping option (Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, etc.) ensure my order will be shipped out the same day it is placed?
Unfortunatly, it does not. All orders are processed ans shipped within our 1-2 business day processing timeframe, regardless of the shipping option selected. Although we do our best to ship out all orders the same day they are placed, we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. Processing time is not included in your shipping option so an order shipped using next day air will arrive in one business day from the day it is shipped.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #16
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
anyone ready for a beer now? I am
      03-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #17
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Not to jump on anyone’s side in this, but I have been running an e-business since 1998. My merchant agreement with all the credit card companies specifically states that it is forbidden to bill the card until the order ships. If I were to charge a customer’s card and then wait to ship the order, I would be subject to penalties in the form of a higher % to the card companies. I don’t know how other companies operate, I only know how I do it. Though I have seen posts on other forums about people buying something and receiving a tracking number immediately while their order then sits and does not ship for days or weeks so I suspect that is how some of the other guys get around it (I am not implying that **********s does this as I have never dealt with them).

As an e-tailer I always appreciate the chance to make any issue right before finding an upset customer posting on a forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iUSN View Post
anyone ready for a beer now? I am
Yes.

I've been in an irritable mood, ready for some skull-crushing. Since I'd ordered a bunch of stuff from a couple different places on the same day, I assumed they would arrive within a few days of each other. And I did receive everything except the Intake on Monday. Then yesterday evening I received the UPS Ground tracking number for the Intake with delivery next week after I'd assumed it has shipped days ago and it pissed me off pretty bad. Then last night I found out a local retailer had double-charged me for some services as icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
As an e-tailer I always appreciate the chance to make any issue right before finding an upset customer posting on a forum.
Thats the thing; what is there to fix? The order has already shipped. They really can't do anything for me now, except promise to be better next time. Maybe I was unfair to **********s for giving them negative feedback publicly like this but its hard to argue that they don't need to get their stuff wired a little tighter and provide better customer service.

[edit] All that said, I'll still buy from **********s because I know they care and always work to improve themselves. They are a company with integrity.

Last edited by Citizen Z; 03-12-2009 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #19
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

If the shipment arrived within 10 working days after it was billed, then it is OK. But if it was on back-order, the seller should contact and ask the buyer what to do. It won't be right if they took your money and the shipment did not arrive after 30 days.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #20
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Woooooah this thread has gotten long since last night, I was just about to PM Citizen back as I looked into his order. As I just got the order number information from him and I looked over the order.

So an order was placed on the site - a customer service rep contacted the customer that same day asking to verify with the customer the model of their vehicle (done to ensure the right product was ordered). Customer confirmed same day after 6pm(we are closed by then) the following day the order was processed (confirmed in-stock) our order went to our fulfillment center which on the Injen is BavarianExclusive, so a total of 4 working days passed until a tracking number and shipment was sent for the order.

From here the fix will be, talking to our fulfillment center, (following up with them is already in place with our system) or using an alternate source for that particular item. As always constructive criticism is welcome to continue to improve the process, as we are implementing better methods for our customers. We want to make it as quick and as communicative as possible for you guys. Keep in mind the item was shown to be in-stock. Guys are always welcome to PM me or give me a call if you have suggestions on anything you want to see at **********s improved, new, or changed.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #21
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Ron,
thanks for breaking down the process for us
Looks like everything got resolved peacefully