E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Best time of the year to purchase 335i coupe?

03-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
huh13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: soon to be 335i coupe

Question Best time of the year to purchase 335i coupe?

Hey all. First time poster. Would love to get some of your input about my questions.

I will be purchasing a 335i coupe, built to order, sometime this year. Fully loaded with just about everything except adaptive cruise, L7, and satellite radio. I already have my down payment set aside and am just waiting for a great time to purchase. And yes, this is obviously KILLING me because I just want this frickin car now, but I've waited a while already, so I might as well just wait a few months more if I can get a better deal.

So my questions are as follow:

1.) Any anticipated changed/updates with the MY2010? Anything huge that I really should wait for? If so, when do they usually start building these? I hear Aug build dates are usually for the following year? So, if I go to my dealer and put down my deposit and put in my order around July I should be able to get a MY2010 with delivery sometime in Sep? Also, I hear that prices usually go up ~1-2K every year?

2.) What time of the year does BMW financing have their best rates? I know right now it is 2.9%. Any hope of getting the practically "free money" 0.9% rate with first 2 payments free on the 335i coupe in the future? I figure with the economy the way it is, and BMW hurting, they have to offer better and better rates. I would guess that Dec is when they have good rates but again, the wait is killing me. But if I have to, then maybe I put my order in ~Sep/Oct, wait it out, and then pick up in Dec and get whatever is the best rate they have at the end of the year.

So any suggestions/comments/advice would be appreciated. As you can tell, I do not need this car, well...on second thought, maybe I do need it . I'm just willing to wait it out if I can get even more car for the money.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Appreciate 0