E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Good deal?

03-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
adchandler
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Good deal?

I am in the process of purchasing a BMW 328 Sedan and would like to make sure I'm getting a good deal. I've done a lot of research and think this is a decent deal but also feel like the dealership is trying to slip in hidden costs that I don't want to pay.

The specs of the car are:
328 Sedan - Titanium Silver
Premium Package
Automatic

The MSRP of the car is $39,650 and the invoice is $36,545 according to Edmunds and some other online resources. My initial offer was $36,950...I was hoping to pay around $500 over invoice. According to the dealership their cost on the car is $37,075 (difference of $530 from invoice). On top of that they told me that there's a $400 extra charge for detailing and floormats so I agreed to $37,350.

They came back and told me the best they can do is $37,675 which by my calculations is $1130 over invoice. They tell me that it's only $200 over "their costs" but it's hard to believe they aren't making money in that $400 detailing/floormat cost. I'm sure they are paying some guy minimum wage to detail a car that just came off the truck and is completely clean?!?

Are they really giving me as good of a deal as they say there are? Any input is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

I'd say tell them to take their bullshit $400 fee for detailing and floor mats and choke on it.

My dealership always throws in the floor mats and it seems most people on here manage to get them thrown in.

Secondly, I have never heard of a dealership charging to give the car a quick cleaning when it comes in.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Floor mats,detailing and a full tank of gas should be included at no charge.If you take the cost plus 180 traing fee ( it's part of the dealers invoice ) and MAACO (dealer advertising,but not all dealers are in the advertising group ) this can vary by region,it can be 200 -300 per car and a fair markup,you can strike a deal.

If you do an ED,you can save the extra fees plus buy/lease the car below dealer cost and have the trip of a lifetime !
Appreciate 0