E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW survey negotiation power?

07-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
jetblackbmw325
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

BMW survey negotiation power?

Hi,

have you used the famous BMW survey as a last negotiation power to get discount or free stuff? I didn't have a very good relationship w/ my sales guy (actually pretty bad), so I don't wanna use the survey just to get something, but I guess that will be the only way to make him change his poor behaviour...

Any luck on negotiating price at the pick up time or getting free gadget?

thanks

P.S. sales guys, please avoid to rant and rave against this post
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

if you don't like the guy, why buy a car from them??

find another salesperson
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Its all about how u word it bro!
      07-11-2006, 01:01 AM   #4
jetblackbmw325
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
if you don't like the guy, why buy a car from them??

find another salesperson
I bought the car and after that he started acting not very professional... do you still eat at the table where the waiter is not that good? probably yes, and then you just give him low tip...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
ward
Major General
Rep

if the car's already bought then how's he being unprofesional?

once the car's bought you're done, he's completed his job.

you shouldn't try and renegotiate after you've both agreed to a price.

use the info on this site to help track your car if that's your issue, either way if you're ordering fresh from the factory it's going to be 8 weeks or so before you see your car, whether you are tracking it or not

your sales person probably has better things to do, like sell more cars, to make a living.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #6
jetblackbmw325
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
if the car's already bought then how's he being unprofesional?

once the car's bought you're done, he's completed his job.

you shouldn't try and renegotiate after you've both agreed to a price.

use the info on this site to help track your car if that's your issue, either way if you're ordering fresh from the factory it's going to be 8 weeks or so before you see your car, whether you are tracking it or not

your sales person probably has better things to do, like sell more cars, to make a living.
Not sure where you come from, and what's your point. Everybody here is asking for free stuff, the ipod installation, etc. at the pickup time, so I was just wondering if they were using also the survey to get those.

It takes 6-8 weeks as you stated, this is what he told me too... Unfortunately mine took 12 week (ordered april 10th, picking up today - 3 months). I'm not expecting anything from him but just being honest when I ask him when it arrives, being nice if I ask him if he has news, maybe calling me back rather telling me "don't call me", especially being in this particular situation. I can certainly track my car, I did it, I also don't have time to find the ship where it is sitting and he certainly have much easier access to the info and if he is more interested in selling other cars rather than making his existing customer happy (and again, I haven't asked the moon), that to me is very poor customer service. Last one... right after reading this forum I decided to detail the car myself and not let the dealer do it (people here said they screw it up all the times); called him on saturday, told him not to do, he agreed and yesterday (only 2 days after) he told me... car is gonna be ready tomorrow, I just sent it to detailing!
Come on, this to me it's poor customer service and BMW should care about this... I don't care about screwing him up, if he does something nice at least at pickup time, he will get 5's, otherwise this is what the survey is for...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #7
ward
Major General
Rep

I'm just not sure why all you people feel so damn entitled to things

the salesperson wasn't the one who made your car show up 4 weeks late

if you wanted free stuff you should have made that part of the haggling for price that you've already completed.

asking them not to detail the car is a really oddball request, I can see why they'd ignore that. Complaining that they detailed your car is a pretty weak compaint. I can imagine being on the phone with the survey people telling them that the horrible salesperson had my car cleaned against my will....

you don't deserve any "free" stuff just because you bought a BMW, it's a normal car not some crazy luxury item.

I have received coffee mugs in a gift basket and a key chain on delivery of my cars, but didn't ask for them, they were gifts.

Asking for a free gift seems pretty low class to me
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #8
Justakoi
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

I think the pre-purchase, purchase negotiations, and post-purchase all add up to overall service of a sales rep. For a sales rep of a 30 grand+ item versus a sale rep selling you a 1 grand tv, I would definitely expect more from the bimmer sales rep. When I mean more, it doesn't mean freebies, but it does demand respect and return calls which the OP stated he wasn't getting. A guy from ebay selling me a $20 item would provide me with shipping feedback, let alone a CA for a e90.

Or perhaps to be even more realistic.. Until I take delivery, perhaps it's not best to piss off the client. :P

To the OP regarding freebies, I think as ward replied, most people used it to make the final sales negotiations and if you did use it for freebies post sale then I agree that is a bit low..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
jetblackbmw325
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

In fact, he is the one that did, he admitted he didn't put my order among his allocation slot because my was already a good deal.

Quote:
if you wanted free stuff you should have made that part of the haggling for price that you've already completed.

asking them not to detail the car is a really oddball request, I can see why they'd ignore that.
it might be... in fact i got that advice from people on this forum
And btw they were actually right... they did a very poor job, left a lot of "just water spots" as the guy told me, they spilled the gas on the car, left swirls and fingerprints... i thought it was an oddball request as well, but now i see why everybody suggested that. And in any case, if the customer ask you something (in this case even easier for you!!!), not doing it just show you deserve a poor rating. or you disagree also on this one?

Quote:

Complaining that they detailed your car is a pretty weak compaint. I can imagine being on the phone with the survey people telling them that the horrible salesperson had my car cleaned against my will....
look, customers are crazy, you know that. If you care about high quality customer service you make your crazy customer happy. Especially if he/she simply ask not to do things, it's about listening, caring, and paying attention to your customer. This is what a sales guy should be, or am I wrong?

Quote:
you don't deserve any "free" stuff just because you bought a BMW, it's a normal car not some crazy luxury item.

I have received coffee mugs in a gift basket and a key chain on delivery of my cars, but didn't ask for them, they were gifts.

If you knew me, you wouldn't discuss my class, but this is a forum, not real life: understandable mistake on your side. I'm not asking for free stuff like a kid; instead, I just didn't wanna screw this guy up w/ the survey, because this is what they live for. But I wanna see something from him. You need to do at least "something" to deserve your 5's, right? And I know few people that used the survey to get something out of it, so I was wondering aroung. If I buy a 30+k car and the sales guy doesn't even give me a key chain after all he did, I don't think I should regret not giving him 5's.
Which BTW I'm gonna do anyway (all 5's), right because of that class we were talking about above. The deal is closed, no more issue. Just will not recommend to a friend .
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #10
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

asking them not to detail the car is a really oddball request, I can see why they'd ignore that. Complaining that they detailed your car is a pretty weak compaint. I can imagine being on the phone with the survey people telling them that the horrible salesperson had my car cleaned against my will....

Second to that. If people can afford this car, why even bother for a few dollar gifts? ...I ain't care of any gift. If given to me, I gladly take them, but ask me to bargain on gifts, I'm not gonna lower myself for those.
      07-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #11
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

Quote:
That's because it is. You put it perfectly.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #12
jetblackbmw325
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira
That's because it is. You put it perfectly.
ok, i won't even bother caring about the sales guy then... all 1's . my point was different and you sticked to the free gift only, as I would care about those. Maybe is what you care yourself the most? my point was about quality of customer service and how to test it. I asked a simple question and you judge the class of people you don't even know? Maybe my post was open to misinterpretation, fine, but don't go too far.
you guys are just full of yourselves because you know some insider info on BMW apparently... good for you, thanks for sharing all those info , but don't judge class... don't even know what you are talking about
If you need lessons, give me a ring ;-)

Last edited by jetblackbmw325; 07-12-2006 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0