New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
oebb
Registered
Rep
Drives: -

Question Interior space

Has any tall person seen the new Z4 live and can comment on how the interior space compares to the old model? I'm 1.95m tall (6'5") and can't really fit into the old generation at all. Having the top of the windscreen in the middle of my eyesight is the biggest problem but it also felt very tight in general.

I have a slot dedicated to me for delivery during week 22 but I'm getting second thoughts about putting the final order after trying out the old generation. So any input from someone who has actually seen the damn car would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Rubber Ducky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oebb View Post
Has any tall person seen the new Z4 live and can comment on how the interior space compares to the old model? I'm 1.95m tall (6'5") and can't really fit into the old generation at all. Having the top of the windscreen in the middle of my eyesight is the biggest problem but it also felt very tight in general.

I have a slot dedicated to me for delivery during week 22 but I'm getting second thoughts about putting the final order after trying out the old generation. So any input from someone who has actually seen the damn car would be appreciated
Local 6' 6" sales manager who has sat in a new Z4 in Dallas said he was surprised at the head room etc. Take that for what it's worth...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
TomT
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive30iA

I am 1m92-1m94 and I could find a good driving position, also with the roof up.

Yes, I look through the upper part of the front window, but it is certainly possible, in a comfortable way. I don't think that it will be that different for you, with your extra few cm's.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
oebb
Registered
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT View Post
I am 1m92-1m94 and I could find a good driving position, also with the roof up.

Yes, I look through the upper part of the front window, but it is certainly possible, in a comfortable way. I don't think that it will be that different for you, with your extra few cm's.
That is encouraging, from what it looks like on the pictures it seems to be the most beautiful BMW has come up with for years. My backup plan is a used M3 for the same amount of money but I think I'd be happier with the Z4 if it works out.

I don't mind looking through the top of the windscreen as long as the actual frame is not in the middle of my sight.

How did you find the legroom? On the old one there wasn't alot of space where the right knee goes, the leg felt stuck between the steering wheel and the center console.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
TomT
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive30iA

Hmm, I can't really remember, to be honest. Would that be a sign that there's no problem with the legroom? I don't know, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
I sat in one this week. I am not 6'6" but compared to my current 2006M roady it felt a bit bigger, headroom, leg room and shoulder room.
Appreciate 0