E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Caribbeans > Virgin Island members?

03-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Virgin Island members?

Anyone here living in the VI's?

I am thinking of moving to St. Thomas.....maybe.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Hectorj-M3
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 04' Imola Red M3 SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Anyone here living in the VI's?

I am thinking of moving to St. Thomas.....maybe.

I don't live there but I been there many time... Would that be your first time???
07' WH Honda Fit....Best DD ever!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I am visiting in a few weeks. I have several friends from Texas that now live there and love it. They are poking at me to move out. At least give it a try is what they are telling me.

Being next door I am sure you get over quite often. Any tid bits of info would be appreciated. I have been reading about everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Hectorj-M3
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quote:
I am visiting in a few weeks. I have several friends from Texas that now live there and love it. They are poking at me to move out. At least give it a try is what they are telling me.

Being next door I am sure you get over quite often. Any tid bits of info would be appreciated. I have been reading about everything.
Well, there not that many main roads around the island. St.Thomas is all tourist economy., many cruise ships. It have a bunch of nice beaches. If you have the opportunity take the ferry to ST. John... that will be my retirement dream...oooohhhh very important you drive in the left side of the road...so be careful with the traffic. Lots..and lots of nice resorts all around the island. I you like to sail, rent a boat and go to the adjacent islands, specially Tortola you will love it! On your way back to the state you have to do immigration and customs even that the USVI is a US territory. It also have a HOOTERS restaurant!!!! and nice bars near by . Enjoy your trip an don't forget to post some pics.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^
Two buddies live on STJ and an ex girlfriend lives in Red Hook on STT. All the beaches are supposed to be great but STJ has the best from what they are telling me.

I could care less about cars/driving right now. I am looking at a needed business on STT that I want to start. To make a lot of money would be great but that is not the reason for possibly going.

I just want to try it so when I am in a wheel chair I won't mutter to myself "Why didn't I give it a shot"?

It get's hot as hell here in Texas but she, from Texas, said it gets as hot their.......HUH? Humidity I guess but it gets into to mid 100's here??? So hot you just don't want to open the door.

I am sure there would be some shock, rock fever, but I feel I could adjust.

Last edited by gonzo; 03-22-2009 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Hectorj-M3
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quote:
^
Two buddies live on STJ and an ex girlfriend lives in Red Hook on STT. All the beaches are supposed to be great but STJ has the best from what they are telling me.

I could care less about cars/driving right now. I am looking at a needed business on STT that I want to start. To make a lot of money would be great but that is not the reason for possibly going.

I just want to try it so when I am in a wheel chair I won't mutter to myself "Why didn't I give it a shot"?

It get's hot as hell here in Texas but she, from Texas, said it gets as hot their.......HUH? Humidity I guess but it gets into to mid 100's here??? So hot you just don't want to open the door.

I am sure there would be some shock, rock fever, but I feel I could adjust.
Sound like you have a good plan! my recommendation go for anything that involve the tourism or any kind of service for boats...my 2cents
Appreciate 0