ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
Z4MHawk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Roadster

Dice Silverline is in...

Two birds with one stone....

I finally removed the ULF module to retrieve my Bluetooth code and followed it up with the Dice install. Overall....after digging the 3 and 6 pin connectors out from under the plastic glove box and running the Ipod cable under the same box took 30 minutes. The Ipod cable and connector head could have been a little bit smaller....but I am sure DICE has their reasons. Also, I wish the male 7 pin connector had a clip to hold it in place...it is pretty loose when inserted into the dice module and I recommend that you fasten it with a tie-down when trying to get it placed next to the ULF module while placing the carpet back in place.

I had a funny moment after the install when the radio went dead and I couldn't start the car. I thought the Dice module had high-jacked my computer and was shutting the system down. Duh...just a weak battery! Whew..

I have ipod nano sound but I don't have artist/song on the radio display. I am sure I don't have it correctly configured. Is everyone using the default dip switch positions...both up on left and both down on right?
      04-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
Z4MHawk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Roadster

Update: I had some scratching or interference in the unit while playing and idle. Returned module to Dice and waiting on a new unit. Also had some minor trouble with repeating songs. No regrets. I like having the controls on the stearing wheel. Dice service has been great so far.
      04-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantacookie! View Post
Update: I had some scratching or interference in the unit while playing and idle. Returned module to Dice and waiting on a new unit. Also had some minor trouble with repeating songs. No regrets. I like having the controls on the stearing wheel. Dice service has been great so far.
i installed dice in my 06 M... works pretty well. there are some glitches from time to time, you'll figure out how to deal with them. i did have the system go whacky on my one day.... lost all visual display. i had to pull it apart and reconnect... kind of a pain. otherwise, i do like it.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
M-Al
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3

Hey guys what steps did you go through to remove battery cover from the trunk? I also own a m roadster 06

cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
M-Al
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3

problem solved by removing three rivets at base of battery cover and three bolts on the top...
Appreciate 0