E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Someone messed with my car...

04-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Someone messed with my car...

I just discovered some piece of 5h1t had go at stealing the badge off my trunk. All they succeeded in doing was chipping the paint. This is going to look like crap even when touched up

There is also a deep score mark in the shark fin antenna. I guess they had a go at removing this too.

I can't imagine where this would have happened, it must be recent though as I can't believe I wouldn't have noticed it...
Attached Images

Last edited by IRL-MN; 04-09-2009 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: Pics added...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
I just discovered some piece of 5h1t had go at stealing the badge off my trunk. All they succeeded in doing was chipping the paint. This is going to look like crap even when touched up

There is also a deep score mark in the shark fin antenna. I guess they had a go at removing this too.

I can't imagine where this would have happened, it must be recent though as I can't believe I wouldn't have noticed it...
How bad are the scratches? Pics?

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
How bad are the scratches? Pics?
I have some pics on my camera, will post them up later. Didn't want to be reminded of it! The antenna scratch is pretty deep, down to the black plastic. The trunk lid has two pretty large chips, down below the primer to the metal it looks like.

I hadn't heard much about people stealing badges since the 80's and 90's. Seemed back then every Bimmer and Merc had a badge stolen. Guess it still happens though
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
blakjack23
Major
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Garage List
'06 325i  [0.00]
Sorry to hear man. That sucks since you just started driving that beast a couple weeks ago. Maybe you can order some black emblems and then just put them back on over the chips. I wonder where it happened. I'm always worried about my car everywhere I go. My girl and all my friends think I'm nuts.

'06 325i - AT (bite me!) - Jet Black - Black leatherette - Aluminum Trim - Blacklines - 189's - M3 Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjack23 View Post
Sorry to hear man. That sucks since you just started driving that beast a couple weeks ago. Maybe you can order some black emblems and then just put them back on over the chips. I wonder where it happened. I'm always worried about my car everywhere I go. My girl and all my friends think I'm nuts.
The badge itself seems to be OK, just the paint is chipped. Pity it wasn't the badge as at least that is easily replaced! The paint damage is not enough to justify any paint work, so crappy looking touch up for now

I hear ya about the parking, my gf thinks I'm crazy too. It usually takes me a few runs around a parking lot to pick the best spot! The only 3 places my car has been for any length of time since I took it out of storage are my garage, my gfs garage or work. I have no clue where this would have happened
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
GB///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
The badge itself seems to be OK, just the paint is chipped. Pity it wasn't the badge as at least that is easily replaced! The paint damage is not enough to justify any paint work, so crappy looking touch up for now

I hear ya about the parking, my gf thinks I'm crazy too. It usually takes me a few runs around a parking lot to pick the best spot! The only 3 places my car has been for any length of time since I took it out of storage are my garage, my gfs garage or work. I have no clue where this would have happened
I can almost bet that it happened at work man. Trust me there are haters out there and you might not even know. I get nervous about trying to find a good spot when i park in public places because you never know there are lots of fucked up people out there.
Appreciate 0