E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Need help with US April lease issues.....(long post, sorry)...

04-10-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
momar
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi 6sp std

Need help with US April lease issues.....(long post, sorry)...

I ordered a 2009 white 335i x-Drive sedan with manual transmission, M-sport pkg, premium pkg, winter pkg, nav, comfort access, sat radio, factory alarm. I placed the order around March 10, just one day before the end of the six month period after I returned my last BMW, so I was able to get the refund of my last vehicles disposition fee and also capture the slightly lower owner loyalty money factor on the new vehicle. At that time there was a $1000 rebate available, which I would have been able to use to reduce the monthly payment. I was told that I could lose this $1000 incentive if that program was not extended beyond March 31 and the car was delivered in April. But I was also told that the loyalty money factor was locked in because I ordered in March. Sure enough, on April 3rd I found on Edmunds that that program was no longer in effect but there were other incentives -- especially interesting was the $3000 marketing incentive. The sales associate (who I have been using for over 15 years) told me that the $3K was only for straight cash purchase. I called BMW USA customer relations and they were very vague, only telling me that dealer participation with this program was optional. Yesterday the sales associate sent me this email:

Your car has arrived at our dealership.

I had to call BMW to get a clarification of the programs for the 335xi to make sure there were no errors. The $ 3000 market allowance cannot be used with a lease at all. It also cannot be used with any of the retail sales support rates. It can only be used if the car is bought for cash, financed through an outside source or financed through BMWFS at the standard rate of 6.9%. It can’t be used with the finance cash program of paying the first 2 months up to $ 1500.

The worst part of the conversation with BMW is that they will not honor the owner loyalty rates past the original expiration date which in our case was 3/31.

At this point I am reviewing all alternatives.

So, am I stuck with this vehicle at a higher price that I negotiated with no incentives? Can I walk away from the deal without legal or financial consequences? Should I try another dealer?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

momar
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

If he could, he would give it to you since it does not affect his commision. But keep in mind there are different incentives for different transactions.
To the loyality rate: you should be price protected for -if I recall right- 4 month from point of order.
My Advice: Talk to his sales manager.

Regards, Ray
      04-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Silver3s
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Now:08 e90 335 Old:e46 & e36

Have you signed a lease contract? If you haven't, you have no legal liability to purchase the car. Im not a lawyer, but if the stealership doesn't have your signature on a contract you can walk away.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Is this your second thread regarding the same topic? I feel like I've read this already...

In any event. Loyalty coupons/rebates, etc ARE NOT eligible to be "locked in" past the program dates. It seems more and more people are being told this by misinformed salespeople (and forum members).

You have a deal in writing. You were told 1 thing, now are being told something else...

My suggestion is to speak directly to the Sales Manager of the dealership and explain the situation. Ultimately he/she will be the one to make the decision regardless, so why not nip it in the butt ahead of time?

Give them 2 choices:

1. Honor the deal that you both agreed upon
2. You get your deposit back and walk

They most likely will not want to lose a deal, but on the other hand will not want to take the $1000 on the chin. It's really up to them to decide that. They should honor it, but YMMV

Also note that if it comes down to you having to walk from the deal, you're going to have to start all over again, wait for another car or take a car on the ground AND pay the rates that are out now which are worse (on the sedans) than they were for the previous 2 months.

Good luck

-Sal
Appreciate 0