New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

05-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
patrice03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z23 318d f30

some new shots at importer

just drove to the importer parking, the dealers told me that the car had not arrived yet, as official unveiling is end next week, but i know i could not trust these bas@#$#@$

sorry for quality of the pictures, just had my iphone and could not get into the car.parking had a handful of z4, havana, white, grey silver and dark silver and of course black. All cars had pdc and automatic air conditionning, I actually wanted to get rid of these 2 options... old and new z4 generation were parked next to the other one, the new one seems larger, much wider, but we know it does but marginally. the bonnet may be slightly longer in the new one, but again by few cm, so really wonder if pdc is really needed as it was not available in the previous one , front I mean, correct ?

Ok, otherwise, everyone has different tastes, so that reflects my own opinion only. Black is amazing, suits perfectly to the car and give some additional "testosterone", second choice would be white ! must say the car looks georgous (and I know that white can look cheap on some cars). Silver grey also very nice, then followed by dark grey (did not remember the exact name) and havana (orginial but somewhat old fashioned - again personal opinion).

cabin without extended leather looks rather good, and top dashboard plastics soft-style ok, so if you want to save some monnies, dont go for it.

was positively surprised by the stock silver trim, it does look good, and i belive better that the darker alu trim. In particular in combo with darker leather such as red and black.

the white looks good, and gives a particular feeling to the cabin . the drwaback is that it will get dirty very but very quickly... the interior was already dirty with darks sports... keep in mind that you have alcantara on doors and even seats , white alcantara !

The Beige, red and black interior also look good, beige has the merit of giving less an impression of cramped cabin, red is fine in particular wiht stock trim but might be tired after a while (there is a lot of red ! dominant color in the cabin) and dark is classic.

Some cars came with stock seats, somewhat "flat" sport seats definitivly look better in such car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
patrice03
Private First Class
Rep

more
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
zedfive
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.5si

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

No it's fake plastic with aluminium color sprayed......

You need to order also option 4AD, aluminuim trim with satin finish, standard only for Sdrive35i.....
300euros for 23i and 30i...

SiSco
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedfive View Post
The only interior with a white piece on the right hand side are:

standard interior

design pure white (but this has the anthrazite wood)

Since the picture does not show the anthrazite wood, it must be the standard interior and NOT the aluminium.

This means that the right hand side is some sort of white plastic.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

this picture shows a stanrd car, with no 4AD option.....
It' a entire piece of alu-finished plastic.

this picture shows wood option and no extended leather....

This is the 4AD option...the ad alu plastic becomes leather lookalike plastic....as the standarddashpboard, with sewing finishin on the edge....

Sorry fo my bad english......

SiSco
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
patrice03
Private First Class
Rep

it is the standard trim, silver, it is NOT the aluminium trim which costs some extra bucks, however, as said, it looks pretty good, is lighter, in particular when matched with red or black leather. Contrary to aluminium trim, the standard silver trim as you can see is also used on the right side of the dashboard (like a wave) .

sisco comments are perfectly correct

below an other illustration of optional aluminium trim (standard i think on s35i) versus standard trim in alu style (plastic), feel i ll go for the standard
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
zedfive
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.5si

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
futuryou
Rep
Drives: z4

Thanks but... where's the dark grey one ???
Appreciate 0