BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Dynamic1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Still Curious...

What kind of tuning is being done here in Europe? I'm tired of reading about all the things people are doing to their Bimmers Stateside! Once I bounce back from my speeding ticket I'm looking at getting more AC Schnitzer work (engine chip/ exhaust tip). Any tips or advice? I'm also trying to figure out what I should do for suspension... I'm new to all of this so all advice is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Cool Tuning

I hear BMW will be putting out their performance engine upgrade in June-ish time. ACS is expensive and not really sure if it keeps warranty alive. Same with Evotech Motorsports, although I might go that route. Evo will save you some $ and provide the hps bump you're looking for. Hartge is another option...there's actually several other places. Search the threads and you'll find that many of the ups that are happening stateside are available here -- obviously not Dinan, although their web page directed me to a location in England. Anyways, hope this helps in your search.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Start off with a blueprint of what you want to do with the car/ or get out of it first and foremost. Then you can move from there. Cash is an important part of the process. Balance it all and you should be able to get what you want.

Hartge is about as expensive, or even more than AC Schnitzer. I know that they at least should be backing the warranties because Pentagon car sales is selling AC Schnitzer prepped cars.