E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Minneapolis Folks Be Careful on 35W

05-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Minneapolis Folks Be Careful on 35W

So I was heading to work last Friday morning, turned right onto the 35W southbound on-ramp at Diamond Lake road and what do I see? A construction worker cutting up the road surface with big-ass saw attached to a Bobcat, but wait for it, he's spraying all of the dust and debris into the traffic lanes! I couldn't believe what I was seeing I had no place to go but through the cloud and was showered with dust and small rocks. I picked up a decent sized chip on my c-pillar.

Anyway, I made a complaint and was told I could claim for damages, but there isn't really anything to do beyond touching it up. I really don't want to repaint the panel for a chip.

Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time having a nice car, it's been one chip, or scrape or door ding after the other this year.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego 328

Ouch! That is unfortunate. I've often wanted to send MNDOT my bill for having my car realigned after hitting the craters on I94!

What that worker was doing was pretty dumb, but having worked construction before, it is an "us vs. the motorist" attitude they have. I hope you get reimbursed, keep us posted.
      05-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Reminds me of the time I was driving on the highway late at night and noticed I was driving through white dust that was getting thicker. I saw a slow moving truck in the middle of the road up someways with flashing yellow lights. As I got closer, I noticed they were repainting the lines.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
TaTaToothy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i and 2002 M3

That 35W construction in south Minneapolis is one of the most massive road construction projects I've ever seen. Seems like it will go on forever (I believe it's not even projected to be completed until the end of 2010).

2002 M3 - 6MT - Jet Black over black leather - Xenon, power seats and H/K - no sunroof
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Reminds me of the time I was driving on the highway late at night and noticed I was driving through white dust that was getting thicker. I saw a slow moving truck in the middle of the road up someways with flashing yellow lights. As I got closer, I noticed they were repainting the lines.
Man, that does not sound good. Did any stick to your car? I got a fright one day when I got back to my car and saw them painting the lines in a parking lot close by, but luckily the wind was blowing away from my car.
Appreciate 0