E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Need Help!--Buying n Out of State 335

05-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
e34guy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Need Help!--Buying n Out of State 335

Ive already posted this in another section but someone suggested i post it again in this section but...

I live in Houston, TX and am interested in buying a gently used 335i from a dealership outside of Texas...my question is how would i go at buying this car? Would i have to buy it from the dealership the car is originally from or would they ship it to a dealer closer to me and i would buy it from a dealer in Houston?

If I have to buy it from the out of state dealer, will i have to go there just to check the car out?! or will they ship it down for me to look at before i make any final decisions?

basically if anyone has had experience with something like this will you please help me with how you go around this distance problem?
|Trim: Dark Burl Walnut Premium|Sports|Navi|HD Radio|Logic 7|iPod
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

You buy it from the dealer out of state, and you have it shipped to you or you simply go pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Perfect timing - the car I bought just arrived. I bought it from a non-BMW dealership in California and I'm in Atlanta, GA.

It was shipped directly to my house. The driver parked his truck at a nearby gas station and drove it to my driveway.

They won't let you inspect it after they ship it unless you'll be willing to pay for shipping both ways in case you don't want it, not to mention other issues. Your best bet is to hire an independent mechanic local to the car to check it out and send you the report. You can always go see the car in person if you want to inspect it yourself.
Appreciate 0