E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > is it September yet ?

08-08-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport Saloon

Smile is it September yet ?

Counting the days still ...

August is dragging ... roll on September

The "anticipation" of waiting for a new car is great but boy the "wait" can be painful at times.

Will hopefully hear from the dealer again soon to confirm a more precise delivery date.

At the moment I am 2nd week Sept +/- 1 week ... so i am hoping its gonna be more like - 1 week which would be 1st week Sept ... maybe even Sept 1st ... that would be

If the dealer takes delivery of the car before the end of this month, i will be down to have a look at it too

How are you other guys coping, who are waiting for your new motts next month ?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

I know what you mean! I had to wait 6 weeks for my car and I got an early build date.
It softened the blow of the wait by the dealer giving me a E90 318d SE to use whilst mine was being built
Le Mans blue/ black leather with Aluminum trim/ privacy glass/ xenon's/ black line rear lights/ OEM 18inch M Sport wheel upgrade/ PDC/ blue tooth/ Hi-Fi speaker system/ heated front seats/ storage pack/ auto lights+wipers/ green sun strip/ OEM boot spoiler/
external mirror package.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #3
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F31 330d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin

The "anticipation" of waiting for a new car is great but boy the "wait" can be painful at times.

Will hopefully hear from the dealer again soon to confirm a more precise delivery date.

At the moment I am 2nd week Sept +/- 1 week ... so i am hoping its gonna be more like - 1 week which would be 1st week Sept ... maybe even Sept 1st ... that would be

If the dealer takes delivery of the car before the end of this month, i will be down to have a look at it too

Haha, I know exactly what you mean.

I'm going to order my E91 325d Msport in september for december delivery, but I'm lurking around e90post for about a year now, so the wait is endless. In the meantime I enjoy looking at all the nice cars around here, especially the euro Msport models.

Waiting to see pics of yours, what colour did you opt for?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #4
Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
Haha, I know exactly what you mean.

I'm going to order my E91 325d Msport in september for december delivery, but I'm lurking around e90post for about a year now, so the wait is endless. In the meantime I enjoy looking at all the nice cars around here, especially the euro Msport models.

Waiting to see pics of yours, what colour did you opt for?

Sparkling Graphite

As soon as I saw an M Sport in SG in the showroom, my colour choice was made instantly.

It was between that and Le mans blue ... and maybe if that had been on display "all shined up" I could have chose that.

Even now, when I see pics on this forum of M Sport's in Le Mans Blue I think .. hmmm, that looks cool.

The other thing which swung me was that I have a blue car now, so a change in colour is always a nice thing when getting a new car.

So, SG it is for me
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 07:31 AM   #5
Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris33
I know what you mean! I had to wait 6 weeks for my car and I got an early build date.
It softened the blow of the wait by the dealer giving me a E90 318d SE to use whilst mine was being built

That was pretty cool then Chris.

Your car sounds like a very nice spec

I blew all my budget on the model, so my options list is limited to a 6 disc cd changer

Fortunately though, the M Sport is pretty much "fully loaded" in the options dept, so I wasn't too fussed.

The main thing I did consider was "leather", but I really liked the M Sport alcantara trim which is exclusive to the M Sport, so was quite happy with that in the end.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sparkling Graphite

As soon as I saw an M Sport in SG in the showroom, my colour choice was made instantly.

It was between that and Le mans blue ... and maybe if that had been on display "all shined up" I could have chose that.

Even now, when I see pics on this forum of M Sport's in Le Mans Blue I think .. hmmm, that looks cool.

The other thing which swung me was that I have a blue car now, so a change in colour is always a nice thing when getting a new car.

So, SG it is for me
Nice choice!
It's going to be Le Mans Blue for me, once I saw it in sunlight I was sold. But I'm still leering at Alpine White, so unique with Msport...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #7
Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Nice choice!
It's going to be Le Mans Blue for me, once I saw it in sunlight I was sold. But I'm still leering at Alpine White, so unique with Msport...

Actually .. funny you should say that as i TOTALLY agree

I am also one for leaning towards something slightly out of the ordinary and I also think the M SPORT in white will look very very cool.

The only thing putting me off was how I would feel about the colour "long term" and also I am fairly sure that it would de-value the car, as not many people would go for white.

Things to consider, but you would certainly have a fairly rare car if you did opt for white.

Otherwise, I would stick with your initial choice of Le Mans Blue ... it looks superb and is "exclusive" to the M Sport model

I also like how the rear diffuser stands out on the Blue model and makes a real feature of it
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #8
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The only thing putting me off was how I would feel about the colour "long term" and also I am fairly sure that it would de-value the car, as not many people would go for white.
I'm going to do the BMW Select Finanzing, where you (the bank) sell the car back to the dealer after a fixed time period for a fixed price, so no de-value applying here!

But I'm also unsure about the long-term-feel. Plus I don't want to everytime I see a Lemans Blue E91!

But damn, so sexy...

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 09:27 AM   #9
Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm going to do the BMW Select Finanzing, where you (the bank) sell the car back to the dealer after a fixed time period for a fixed price, so no de-value applying here!

But I'm also unsure about the long-term-feel. Plus I don't want to everytime I see a Lemans Blue E91!

But damn, so sexy...

You're right it does look extremely in white !

Very very special indeed

BUT ... I think you're heart is telling you "le mans blue"

I think you would regret not going for blue more than perhaps you would white.

That's maybe a back to front way of thinking about it, but is another way of looking at it if you are torn between the two !

Pretty good about the leasing though in that the residuals are not a consideration to you in which case you could seriously consider white.

Me personally, I would think long and hard about the white, but I know I would end up with the BLUE, as I think it has the edge in looks, is metallic, suits the car and would be a colour I "know" i could live with longer term.

BUT ... if you wanna be individual and stand out from the crowd ... go white !

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #10
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Me personally, I would think long and hard about the white, but I know I would end up with the BLUE, as I think it has the edge in looks, is metallic, suits the car and would be a colour I "know" i could live with longer term.

I totally agree with everything you said, plus my boss (= my dad) hates white cars and this is going to be a company car.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Smile

I've think we've sorted out the colour choice between us then

Like I say, i was heavily torn between sparkling graphite and le mans blue ... both look absolutely stunning and suit the car so well and even now I am wondering if I made the right choice with SG.

In any case, its great to have this kinda choice, rather than loving a car, but them not having a colour you are mad about.

Blue or Graphite ... stunning looks are "guaranteed"
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #12
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:

It's a bugger isn't it .....

It's not like it should be a huge deal (I already have a nice 530d to bomb about in), but my mind does keep wandering to my 330i msport.

Actually I'm noticing that there are not many msports around ...... compared to the number of msport e60's and e46's.

I'm also noticing that the 16inch wheels look a bit tiny on the e90.

My car is probably at the dealer already ... the sales guy is on hols this week and told me to pop in next week if I want a look. I don't really want to .... but I'll have to (obviously) ... it's going to be frustrating to leave it at the dealer for another 2 weeks.

Anyway - I've arranged to pick up the new motor at 10:00am on the 1st Sept. I have the new reg details and everything.

It's a long wait ..........
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #13
isleaiw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d SE, silver with black lea

Well, given that my car will be a company car and I needed it quickly I circumvented all of this waiting around lark, and the endless agonising over the best colour, by taking first available! Also, as its a company car, don't care about the reg date so I'm not waiting for 1st Sept either - my shiny new 330d SE manual should be on my drive on Friday!

Msport would have been good but budget ran out at SE with leather! Its a nice safe silver with black leather!

Ian
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #14
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw
Well, given that my car will be a company car and I needed it quickly I circumvented all of this waiting around lark, and the endless agonising over the best colour, by taking first available! Also, as its a company car, don't care about the reg date so I'm not waiting for 1st Sept either - my shiny new 330d SE manual should be on my drive on Friday!

Msport would have been good but budget ran out at SE with leather! Its a nice safe silver with black leather!

Ian
Congrats!

Keep us doomed informed (pics,performance etc.)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #15
Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:

Ian

You got yourself a nice car there .. and with leather

and no waiting

Tell us all about it, after Friday's pick up
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #16
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

No
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #17
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Ian
I'm not jealous .....

(well maybe a bit)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #18
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

and no waiting

I just realised that you aren't the real snake plisskin

http://www.snakeplissken.net/

Only one 's' in your surname - who are you really
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #19
isleaiw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d SE, silver with black lea

Quote:

and no waiting

Pick up? Its being delivered on a trailer - from Cooper down south I think!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #20
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Pick up? Its being delivered on a trailer - from Cooper down south I think!
You'll be waiting by the window for the delivery lorry no doubt
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #21
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Sparkling Graphite is a stunning colour. It was one of my choices, but my E46 Convertible had been Silver/Grey and I fancied a change.
The reason I went for Le Mans Blue was because it is exclusive to the M Sport model and it's an amazing colour, but saying that, if my E46 had not been silver/grey, I would of spent many a sleepless night deciding on my colour. Blue or grey? blue or grey? blue or grey?
I would of loved a 330i - 330d, but needed good MPG as I do 25,000+ miles a year, hence the reason I now have an "oil burner".
What I saved on the price of the 330i/d I spent on options. The leather is a must if you have 2 little horrors like I do!
Le Mans blue/ black leather with Aluminum trim/ privacy glass/ xenon's/ black line rear lights/ OEM 18inch M Sport wheel upgrade/ PDC/ blue tooth/ Hi-Fi speaker system/ heated front seats/ storage pack/ auto lights+wipers/ green sun strip/ OEM boot spoiler/
external mirror package.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #22
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris33
Sparkling Graphite is a stunning colour. It was one of my choices, but my E46 Convertible had been Silver/Grey and I fancied a change.
The reason I went for Le Mans Blue was because it is exclusive to the M Sport model and it's an amazing colour, but saying that, if my E46 had not been silver/grey, I would of spent many a sleepless night deciding on my colour. Blue or grey? blue or grey? blue or grey?
I would of loved a 330i - 330d, but needed good MPG as I do 25,000+ miles a year, hence the reason I now have an "oil burner".
What I saved on the price of the 330i/d I spent on options. The leather is a must if you have 2 little horrors like I do!
I had an e46 320cd sport. The 320d msport is a step above this ... current engine is much better than the one I had ... and Le Mans Blue looks great.

I actually ordered my car without a huge amount of forward planning (oops) I think I would have got Le Mans Blue had I realised it was exclusive.

What I really wanted was Carbon Black ... but I'd need a 320si for that
Appreciate 0