BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board had bbq brisket at central market in luling tx on fri- texasbbqtrail.com

05-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

had bbq brisket at central market in luling tx on fri- texasbbqtrail.com

Central Market -rated it best in tex by a reviewer here.

http://www.bbq-porch.org/reviews/tx.asp

http://texasbbqtrail.com/
http://texasbbqtrail.com/luling.php

Really good sausage (they call them rings - about a 6inch link with the ends of the string tied).
Casing is really tender and disappears in your mouth and the stuffing is moist and tender.

Good beef - very slight marbling, pulls apart with plastic knife. Sliced bthin and only slight fat at the edge. Not a real large smoke ring but it falls apart without using anything more than a plastic knife. Served on paper.

Ribs were somewhat inconsistent. Some (ribs and parts of ribs) were slightly dry with the outer portion overcooked and others were more moist. But very few real good bites within a rib (not really worth the effort IMO)

Got 1/2 lb beef - 1 link and 4 beef ribs (some slightly shorter than others) for 11.40.

We got there about 1 pm. and there was still a 5 person wait. The meat is cut in the pit room which is separated from the main dining room by doors. Probably 95 degrees in the cutting room and dining room (standard wood tables) is pretty nice temp.

Did not see any other fixins other than pickles and onions. Served on paper with choice of white bread or crackers.

Other Tx bbq trail experiences
I ate at both places in elgin in the last year and was not impressed with either. Dry and muscular beef at the southside and just plain fatty at the Meyers smokehouse (I did not get the trimmed beef which was like an extra 25cents for a sliced beef sand - the untrimmed was like 4.95 for a sandwich )

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Now we are talking.

Have you been to Bakers Ribs yet? My personal fave here in Dallas and when in Houston. I like a good smoke ring with some crust on my brisket, which is all I order no matter where I am trying BBQ.

Some joints are more hype than good meat. Sonny Bryans here in Dallas is rated up there year after year and I think it is fair at best.They don't give you enough food either.

DALLAS
Baker’s Ribs
Chain alert: Baker’s has eight other locations, including one in (gasp!) Minneapolis.

Good sign number one: the smell. Good sign number two: Cops eat here. Good sign number three: The countermen want to talk about their food. The brisket was outrageous, with a thick black crust, a ragged red layer, and a juicy core that pulled apart easily (it’s cooked fifteen hours over mesquite). The chicken was moist, and the pulled pork was smokier than the greasy ribs. Bottles of the thin sauce (with a little kick) are kept in warming trays. MH

Rating: 4.25.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

If you have been to Lockhart already I hope you went to Black's.

Man I am hungry now....
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Actually, the plan was to hit lockhart on the return trip from luling (was in luling to put some flowers on a relative's gravesite), but when I found out about central, we just hit it instead. Need to make it back to lockhart. I better not try it this weekend, or I might have to see the cardiologist on tues.

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0