BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Tirewarmer
All of your tracks are belong to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

SCR-SCCA PDX and Track Trial - Roebling Road Raceway - June 27th and 28th

Registration in now open for the SCR-SCCA PDX and Track Trial event at the Roebling Road Raceway 2.02 mile roadcourse in Bloomingdale, GA, located 20 miles outside of Savannah, GA.

SCR-SCCA PDX/Time Trial Registration

PDX is SCCA's Performance Driving Experience. Two levels of PDX will be offered:

PDX Novice - No prior on track experience is required. These events are referred to as HPDEs by many other organizations. Instructors will be assigned to each student to guide you through in car instruction. Classroom sessions will also be offered to discuss proper line, car control, etc. Most cars are eligible to participate. Please see this FAQ for more information: SCCA PDX FAQ and contact matt@scsportscar.com with any questions.

PDX Advanced
- Solo track time is offered in this group with participants assigned to an instructor that will observe vehicles while they are on track. Prior track experience is required to participate in this group. A check ride with a ride along instructor may also be required. If would like to be considered to participate in this group, please contact jonk@scsportscar.com .

Track Trials groups for both open wheeled and fendered cars will be offered. This is an SEDIV points event. Please see SCCA SEDiv Time Trial Website for more information. A Track Trial FAQ is also available at: SCCA Track Trial FAQ

We currently have openings for Instructors for PDX Novice drivers at this event. If you have previous instructing experience and would like to be considered to instruct at this event, please contact joe@scsportscar.com with your prior instructional experience.

Corner and other specialty workers will also be needed for this event. Double occupancy hotel accomodations or a gas card for transportation costs will be provided to workers, as well as breakfast and lunch during days worked and a worker party/BBQ on Saturday night. If you are interested in working at this event, registration for volunteers can be found here: Volunteer Registration Contact nick@scsportscar.com with any questions regarding volunteering at this event.
1996 Miata
2009 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Excitmnt94
Detailer & Fitness Freak
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i ///M Sport Coupe

man. when i used to live in Lexington/Columbia SC i used to really enjoy spending a day with this auto-x chapter. i have gone to other regions' events in NC, FL, TN, and can say that the folks that i met from SCR were the ones that really got me hooked. it was always such a good time and a lot of good people.

man...i really need to get back out there sometime!

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
Tirewarmer
United_States
Rep

Tallahassee, FL to Savannah, GA 300 miles 4 hours 37 minutes

Come on back and visit.
1996 Miata
2009 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
Excitmnt94
Detailer & Fitness Freak
United_States
Rep

my Zed is a roadster. i remember a few years back i couldn't participate in tracks/events like this without a roll bar...is that still the case?

btw when i used to compete in SCR i had a 2003 VW GTI...silver and immaculate. was good friends with Mr. F.T.D - CT in his #99 black EP Civic with Flames.

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Tirewarmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excitmnt94 View Post
my Zed is a roadster. i remember a few years back i couldn't participate in tracks/events like this without a roll bar...is that still the case?

btw when i used to compete in SCR i had a 2003 VW GTI...silver and immaculate. was good friends with Mr. F.T.D - CT in his #99 black EP Civic with Flames.
If BMW states that the roll hoops provide roll protection in any sort of written documentation, you can participate in a PDX. For Track Trials, a roll bar is required in all vehicles.

If you are thinking of participating in the PDX, I can see what king of roll over documentation that I can dig up for the Z. Just let me know.
1996 Miata
2009 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Tirewarmer
United_States
Rep

I just confirmed with my resident rules weenie expert that the stock Z4 hoops are fine for PDX.
1996 Miata
2009 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Excitmnt94
Detailer & Fitness Freak
United_States
Rep

jon k ?

and thanks joe.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
Tirewarmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excitmnt94 View Post
jon k ?

and thanks joe.
Not Jon K. Matt P my Time Trial Co-Director. But we have suckered Jon K into being the chief instructor for our PDX/TT series this year, so we will be offering very good classroom and in car instruction.
1996 Miata
2009 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
Tirewarmer
United_States
Rep

Less than one week away.

Still less than 6 cars in both the PDX Novice and Track Trial Open Wheel groups, which should make for plenty of clean laps.
1996 Miata
2009 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
Tirewarmer
United_States
Rep

Registration will be closing soon for PDX Novice:

To ensure availability of instructors, Novice PDX Registration closes Wednesday, June 24th at 2 PM.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...D66095DAD85854
1996 Miata
2009 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0