E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Model Year Change Over

08-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring

Model Year Change Over

Just wanted to confirm how the vehicle model year is determined here in Australia. Our dealer explained that it was done on calendar year and that unless we waited for a vehicle built in or after Jan 07 then ours would still be an 06 model (our new E91 323i is going to be built in the third week of August 06 in Munich).

Is it just pricing, model changes and specifications that may change after September production dates?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
megaadam
Registered
Rep
Drives: E36 323i

build

Are you sure its being built in Munich..? or maybe South Africa like every other 3 series?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
aranetaj
Rep
Drives: 330i

not sure about "model years" but germans usually change the specs at the sept build date.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaadam
Are you sure its being built in Munich..? or maybe South Africa like every other 3 series?
Yes we are sure about it being a Munich build. Unlike the other 3 series here that come from South Africa the E91 comes direct from Munich. We saw the build plate on the only demo available and were told that all E91 323i's were being built at the Munich plant because of the relatively small numbers being produced.

Since the car was only released here in May the dealer said that the chance of any changes after September would be remote at best. This does make some sense as the model is only 4 months old here in Sept.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #5
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranetaj
not sure about "model years" but germans usually change the specs at the sept build date.
Thanks. Don't suppose any BMW guru out there has any idea if there are any proposed changes in September. Doubt it since its only been on sale here for 4 months. Since the E91 323i is such a small volume seller here in Australia I know its a real long shot but?
Appreciate 0