New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

06-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
patrice03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z23 318d f30

the devil is the details... some feedback for potential buyers..

There are still few owners around and potentially many buyers
here are some close-ups on some features / options of the z4 to help you decide..

sorry, but dont know how to insert text lines between pictures... difficult to read..

pict 1: this is normal seat, am used to sport seats in bmw, and decided to opt for standard for once and z4 seats seemed better designed. they are indeed, with better than average seat boslter, and very confy and well designed headrest ! am quite tall and found rapidly suitable driving position, so for those who dont want to spend extra bucks, these are very fine (of course, sport seats provide more adjustements etc..) No regret for this option

pict 2: this is the ipod/usb connector, you need special wire "y' to plug ipod... note than bmw does not even provide the stock usb wire with this option . a must have anyway . the ipod can be inserted into a fixed case below the amrest, so storage capacity remains same. convenient and no apparent wire (such as in series 1 for ex)

pict 3: was afraid of wood inserts, not fan, but you get used to it.. dealer told me they could "paint" it into black if i want to ...

pict 4: as you can see, access to pdc and roof commands are uneasy, between radio and gearbox. mmmm. also, not convinced by PDC.. i never liked these systems, ok,rear visibility of the z4 is good, and of course you need some time in the front given the bonnet, got used in 2 day.. furthermore, you need to activate manually the pdc while driving, so you could still hit something if not activated.. So here could have saved some monnies...

pict 5: convenient window commands, 4 including the rear ones, there is a button for all 4 up and down, nice .

pic 6: radio pro + hifi, this system rocks, very happy, bright and clear , little saturation (for a stock system...) was afraid as usually roadtser audio systems are below average, here outperforms other bmw such as series 3. Also there are rear speakers (shoulders and back), even if location not optimal, does provide a kind of surround sound.. so very happy with this hi fi and did not feel need for further upgrade. radio sensibility seems average though as could not receive some stations.

pic 7: well, picture self explanatory , if tall and like coupe seat position, means low seat position, you cant see some dashboard informaion, board computer. etc..

pic 8: AC seems to work pretty well, but not convinced the upgrade is worth over the manual one.. selector for temperature not easy to adjust (arrow very small - and i think the manual one does not even have the temperature values indicated !)

picr 9 : nice green and red arrow for the cruise control (with brake function)

pic 10: there is a storage behind (found enough storages in the cabin, even if did not take the storage pack) for hand bags, jackets etc.. you can al see some light, really dont see the use ...

then follows some picture with lights , including ambiant lights in doors etc.. which are really nice when driving at night.. would certainly recommend the light package..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
fxhomie
Mr. Bahnbnr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, BMW 330Ci Conv. ZHP

thanks...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
clwwong
Private
Rep
Drives: cayman

Nice Picutres! Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
mkindy
Rep
Drives: Vectra.. I know :-(

Hi,

Many thanks for the pics...any chance you can post the as smaller ones though...kinda difficult to look at while at work without having to have them full screen and then my boss would see I am not working just drooling over the Z4 :-)

mkindy
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

love the whitish interior. I think with the top down it will look amazing when parked in town center or something (like eye candy).
Appreciate 0