BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
ryzie
Rep
Drives: 135 s graphite, coral red

should i complain ?

bought my car, approved used, approx three months ago (135, 11k on clock) booked it in last week with dealers to have a rattle looked at and very noisey squeeling brake pads.

they fixed the rattle but told me that "after investigation the brake pads are breaking up and will be changed free of charge next week when they arrive from germany".

went to dealers today dropped the car off only to have a phone call almost 2 hours later to say bmw will not replace pads under warranty, the dealer was willing to drop fitting charge for messing me about (dealer 25miles away) but would need 200 pounds to get work done.

i told him i would not pay because i will take it up with bmw or fit them myself. aksed him for the job report which says "brake pads found to be breaking up, new pads required as brake pad thickness 8mm "

Do you think i have case for complaint or should i just bite the bullet and change them ?
Any idea how thick brake pad material is when new because i only do 6-8k a year and i think 8mm should last a while, plus like i said only had the car 3 months i don't expect to be paying out so soon.

any advise would be gratefully recieved thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
As with the BMWCar forum, hassle the salesman, of customer relations manager ryzie.
Appreciate 0