BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Question BMW "Shop Supplies" Charges Discussion

I wanted to see if everyone's dealer charges a "Shop Supplies" fee for non free maintenance work. I got a $89.99 coupon for an alignment at my local BMW dealer so I got that done today. I get my bill and I see the alignment cost and a $8.99 charge for "Shop Supplies". I have had previous alignments done there, and I know about that charge. I argued last time and their BS excuse was it covers rags and things like that and that it wasn't negotiable. I love how they don't mention it either. She just says the alignment was $89.99 and after tax the total is $106.35 so I immediately do the math in my head knowing $16 in taxes doesn't work out. Then you look down and see it on the print out. I was wondering do other dealers do this and if so how much do they charge? The alignment also took 3 hours. I asked what was taking so long at 1.5 hours and they said they were having trouble getting the steering wheel straight. Next time I am getting a damn loaner instead of waiting for a "simple" alignment.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Those BS charges really piss me off, and it's not the money but how it's done. What's next: manager's bonus, utility charges, shop equipment depreciation? Geez. If they want to charge extra for that crap I don't have a problem, as long as they just build it into the price, so when customers call they get the actual charge and can shop around. Take care.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3

at the dealer i used to work for, they got a lot of flack for that. What they did was get rid of the shop supplies and up the labor price a dollar per hour.

All the dealers know this is a BS charge and will (should) gladly zero out that charge if you bring it to their attention-