E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Which Dealer in Houston?

07-28-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
jefferdy1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Wanting 2006 330i

Which Dealer in Houston?

I've gone to Advantage and Momentum and sent out numerous requests outside of Houston as well. The norm seems to be about $500 off and maybe $1000 off MSRP if you are lucky. The downside with Momentum is the $500 dealer prep fee that is not negotiable.

Which dealer, who was your salesperson and what kind of deal did you get?

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Well,
I went to Momentum and my sales guy was Cliff Miller, who was really a great guy to deal with. I highly recomend him!

I payed about 1700 over invoice.

Once again, the sales rep was AWESOME!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
jefferdy1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Wanting 2006 330i

Was that a Momentum Southwest(59S) or West (Katy). I've been working with Robert at the Southwest location.

How long ago did you get your car and get that price? Was it a special order or did it happen to be on the lot?

Thanks
Jeff
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2005, 05:33 PM   #4
jennyt71
Red Raider '99 & '02
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 06 325i

I bought from Advantage downtown (midtown?)...I paid sticker (I know...I know...). The car just arrived the morning I bought it. I did not order the car, they just happen to have exactly what I wanted come in. I dealt with Molly & she is one of the best salespeople I have dealt with. Very straight forward and friendly. Knows her stuff!

(course, I've only bought Toyotas & Hondas...so, big difference in dealerships & the type of salesperson. Before I bought this BMW, I dealt with Champion Toyota for 3 days - NIGHTMARE)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2005, 10:47 PM   #5
badassfajita
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 e70 3.5i

Make the drive out to BMW North

Advantage and Momentum are both owned by the same company--just a different name. They both will stick it to you--make the trip up to BMW North--its worth it.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2005, 12:55 PM   #6
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Advantage and Momentum are no longer owned by the same company. Momentum does have the ridiculous dealer service fee.

I got approx 820 off msrp, and floor mats thrown in at Advantage. It was a fair deal considering that they got almost the exact car i wanted (except no xenons!) and it was a basic car with only metallic paint, steptronic, satellite radio prep.

I think retail on the car was $32,820. I paid $32,000 even pre tax. $34,238 or so out the door. No one was touching a deal and the only thing better was $1,000 over invoice price b/c i'm a Costco member in BMW of San Diego.%5.1 finance rate for 60 months at Advantage. PM me if interested in the salesperson.

RULE#1 GO TO ONE DEALER, JUST TO SEE THE CAR, FEEL THE CAR, DRIVE IT, ETC. DON'T SHOW EXCITEMENT OR INTEREST IN DEALING. TELL HIM/HER YOU ARE CONSIDERING ACURA TL, ITS CHEAPER, AND MORE STANDARD OPTIONS.. YOU MAY BE BACK... LEAVE.

RULE#2 AFTER YOU HAVE SELECTED THE COMBINATION AND OPTIONS YOU WANT AFTER DOING RULE#1, GO ONLINE. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, LOOK AT THE UNPUBLISHED DEALER CONFIDENTIAL RATES ON BIMMERFEST.COM, KNOW WHAT THE DEALER IS PAYING. MARK IT UP $1,000 AND BEGIN FROM THEIR DEALER INVOICE PRICE.

RULE#3 EMAIL ALL AREA DEALERS. GET THE EMAIL ADDY FOR THE INTERNET SALES PEOPLE. THEY USUALLY MAKE BETTER DEALS, AND HAVE MORE LEE-WAY. GET 3-4 BIDS. DO NOT GO IN PERSON. DO NOT GO IN PERSON. DO NOT GO IN PERSON. IF THEY WON'T GIVE YOU A QUOTE OVER EMAIL, DROP 'EM. IF YOU HAVE A LOWBALLER, SUCH AS BMW SAN DIEGO, GET THEM TO FAX YOU SOMETHING, $1,000 OVER INVOICE IS EASY. NOEL CAPELLA BMW SANDIEGO. TAKE HE LOW BALL BID, EMAIL IT TO VARIOUS BMW DEALERS. LET THEM SCOFF AT YOU LET THEM LAUGH AT YOU. SPEND 2-3 WEEKS HEARING THEIR "NO OWAY, MANAGEMENT WILL THROW ME OUT IF I MAKE THIS OFFER, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF THESE CARS SELL..." PUT UP WITH THEIR BULLSHIT. WORK 'EM. AFTER 2,3 WEEKS, SOMEONE WILL GIVE. WORK EM MORE. TELL 'EM: I CAN SHIP THE CAR FOR $500 BUCKS FROM SAN DIEGO, WOULDN'T YOU WANT A DEAL NOW? IF YOU HAVE GOOD CREDIT, WORK IT, TELL 'EM YOU HAVE EXCELLENT CREDIT, OR PROMISE A QUICK CLOSING. IF YOU HAVE A TRADE IN, DON'T TELL THEM AT FIRST. WORK THE DEAL, TELL THEM (EVEN IF YOU WONT) THAT YOU'LL FINANCE FROM THEM. THEY GET ANOTHER COUPLE GRAND IN FINANCE CHARGES MEANS YOUR MORE VALUABLE. DONT OUTRIGHT LIE, BUT FIB A BIT. DONT PLAY GAMES WITH THE DEALERS THOUGH, BECAUSE IF THEY THINK YOU'RE A CLOWN, THEY WONT ENTERTAIN YOU. BE FAIR IN YOUR NEGOTIATING, BUT FIRM.

AGAIN, DO NOT GO IN PERSON, UNTIL YOU HAVE A CONFIRMED DEAL IN HAND. NEGOTIATING AT THE DEALERSHIP IS ON THEIR HOME COURT, FOGETTA BOUT IT. I SPENT 3 WEEKS ONLINE AND 4 HOURS TOTAL IN THE DEALERSHIP. 2 INITIAL HOURS, TEST DRIVING, LOOKING AT THE OPTIONS, ETC. AT MOMENTUM. 3 WEEKS LATER MY CAR ARRIVED AT ADVANTAGE BMW. 2 HOURS PICKING UP THE CAR, AND FINALIZING THE DEAL. FINANCING TOOK 15 MINUTES.... PEACE OF MIND... EASE.... BEST DEAL ANYONE COULD GET IN MY CIRCUMSTANCE.

Last edited by tl_boy; 09-18-2005 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0