E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How do I know prod # is mine?

07-29-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
retireby40
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325i

How do I know prod # is mine?

After I put in a deposit, my salesman said he had got the car from aother dealer's allocation. After 10 more phone calls, he admitted that the other dealer had "pulled" the car. After many more phone calls, he has finally given me a production number. I have registered on the OC website and the car exists (although in another color).

How do I know that that production # is for my car? He could have given the same number to many customers. I do not want to find out 2 months later that this car is not mine after all.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by retireby40
After I put in a deposit, my salesman said he had got the car from aother dealer's allocation. After 10 more phone calls, he admitted that the other dealer had "pulled" the car. After many more phone calls, he has finally given me a production number. I have registered on the OC website and the car exists (although in another color).

How do I know that that production # is for my car? He could have given the same number to many customers. I do not want to find out 2 months later that this car is not mine after all.
if you go to owner's circle, you should see that your production number is registered under your dealer's name. The car is not yours yet until you pay in full so you won't see your name.