ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
fins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Brake Question

Installed Axxis Delux Pads a couple of months ago and have noticed a groaning (not grinding) sound right before coming to a complete stop. Any ideas?
      07-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

I have axxis ULTs on the front and get a little bit of a grind every once in a while. Did you properly bed in the pads after you installed them?
      07-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
fins
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
I have axxis ULTs on the front and get a little bit of a grind every once in a while. Did you properly bed in the pads after you installed them?
Yep, properly bedded.
      07-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
AusTTin Bob
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Just ignore it. It's like squeeling, but a lower frequency. Won't hurt anything. I've had pad sets on different cars over the years do that, and I find the best strategy is to make a game of trying to generate the coolest haunted ghost ship noises at red lights, then buy another kind of pads or rotors next time around. The Hawk HPS pads on my track rat Miata do that right now. Meanwhile, brake a little harder or lighter when you're pulling up next to someone you want to impress with noiseless stoppage...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
fins
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTTin Bob View Post
Just ignore it. It's like squeeling, but a lower frequency. Won't hurt anything. I've had pad sets on different cars over the years do that, and I find the best strategy is to make a game of trying to generate the coolest haunted ghost ship noises at red lights, then buy another kind of pads or rotors next time around. The Hawk HPS pads on my track rat Miata do that right now. Meanwhile, brake a little harder or lighter when you're pulling up next to someone you want to impress with noiseless stoppage...

Thanks. I'll take it under advisement