E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > anyone have any experience with these?

07-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.**********s.com/product.a...yBar_E90E92_CS

http://www.**********s.com/product.a...bar_BMW_E9x_JS

are they worth the money? doesn't seem too bad retail I'm just wondering how much the labor to install them would cost.

anyone have an idea on that?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

the sway bars will definitely affect the handling of the car, but installing them takes a lot more work than the strut bar, which is easy to install, but it is questionable weather you will actually feel a difference with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
http://www.**********s.com/product.a...yBar_E90E92_CS

http://www.**********s.com/product.a...bar_BMW_E9x_JS

are they worth the money? doesn't seem too bad retail I'm just wondering how much the labor to install them would cost.

anyone have an idea on that?
In my professional opinion, you are better off using E9X M3 anti roll bars. These or any aftermarket bars will be noisy over time. You will have to lube the bushings to keep them quiet. The rear bushings are almost impossible to get to unless you lower the rear subframe.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
jbass524
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
the sway bars will definitely affect the handling of the car, but installing them takes a lot more work than the strut bar, which is easy to install, but it is questionable weather you will actually feel a difference with it.
You will feel the difference and it won't be a good one. I have commented in many threads about the Swaybarbarians as others have. Orb is a user here and a suspension engineer so his opinion has more weight than mine. He feels the same as I do.

SUMMARY
UUC is trying to solve all the handling issues in our cars with what they say is a simple solution. I've learned that suspension isn't simple and it sure isn't cheap although it doesn't have to break the bank.

The bars are so stiff they add spring rate your shocks aren't meant for. This puts the suspension out of balance.

The installation hardware, at least on mine, was not reliable and constantly had to tightened and was noisy after any track day. BTW. I had a UUC approved installer put them in.

They make your car noisier because they are so stiff.

Not trying to be funny here but they add a live axle feel to the handling when close to the limit. As your car leans into a turn the bars limit the this and pull the outside up a bit. This causes more understeer than the car normally has.

If you ever want to upgrade your suspension to coilovers or just springs and shocks the ultra stiff bars act as a sort of cancer you can't chase down. They make all of the upgrade work and money worth a lot less than it should be.

I know it sounds like I'm a hater but I'm not. The UUC bars are just not for our cars. If you had a track-specific car where you could adjust your suspension's camber, toe, spring rate, and compression and rebound rate then they may make sense.

Stick with the BMW product or don't do anything at all and spend the money on springs and shocks first -- if you want to to your suspension.

There are many threads on what suspension to mods are best with all kinds of opinions. Mine is only one. Search. Or you can talk to Harold at HP to put together a setup or your purposes.
Appreciate 0