E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Problems with your E90?

08-30-2006, 04:47 AM   #1
ezzman-e90
Rep
Drives: 320i exe, I-driv,AUTO

Problems with your E90?

I have an one year old 320i exe / auto and just had some major problem with the car. only 10,000kms

yesterday when it happen the car jerked in 1st gear when stop at traffic light when go on green without even pressing hard on accelator. now becomes 3 out of five when stop at traffic light it happens. (an auto car ! and I looked like an bad manual driver at the lights)

Today it got worse as when I drives, it revs to 5-6k revs and hold the gear, I had to release the acc. to drop the gear ..hardly getting any power even eith high revs and I am not even flooring it... later in the afternoon the car jerks worsen even reversing from the drive way. Now it even stalls (on auto!!) when reverse or in low gear on the drive way. Had became so unstable I had to stop driving it.

Please advise if you have ever heard of this problem and if you do know, is it the transsimission or engin prob ?? Have called the dealer to book for serveice next week.. hope I am the only one with this serious problem. Cant belive my luck and hope this is one off problem can be fixed.

Last edited by ezzman-e90; 08-30-2006 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 05:39 AM   #2
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
damn dude, that sounds serious! i have never heard of that b4... hope it all gets sorted out!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
ezzman-e90
Rep

thanks Astra. I hope so too. As soon as i know what's wrong with it will let u all know. As its good to know what could happen. I really hope this will not be a continue battle for me to get this fixed. Not a good impression for my first bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 06:07 AM   #4
Anthony Pike
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I E90 Sparkling Graphit

Jerking 1st gear..

I have had mine jerk or seem to lock back after just stopping. As if it hasn't yet shifted to 1st then when a bit of accelerator is applied it jerks back minto 1st quite solidly. happens less often now ....thought it might be because if different driving habits as the trans learns how either my wife of I drive. No problems with flairing up to *k revs or reversing though. keep us allposted as we can learn about these symptoms and recognise faults before warranty expires
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
ezzman-e90
Rep

Hi Guys I have moved this post to
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28465

Check it out for the update I now have more porblem to come.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #6
aem
Why pay more for nothing?
Australia
Rep
Drives: .

This is NOT the kinda problem i want to read on the e90, especially at this moment in time...

Keep us posted man and goodluck..