E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Spider Tuning 325D

07-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
jjjacksonjjj
Rep
Drives: 325d M-Sport Touring

Spider Tuning 325D

Hi I am a noob here and have just ordered a Spider Tuning box for my 325D M-Sport Touring. 197bhp to 245bhp
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
Skid
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: It's a Mini Adventure

Garage List
Welcome along.

Another mapped 325d to the club.

Lets us know what you think when it is up and running.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
jjjacksonjjj
Rep
Drives: 325d M-Sport Touring

The Spider arrived yesterday and I fitted it last night. The picture showing the connection point did not match my engine, but it was simialr enought to figure it out. It couldn't be much easier to install, the hardest thing about it is removing and re-fixing the engine cover as the back two allen bolts are covered by other plastic and the engine heat exchange unit (which does pull forward slightly). I have followed the instructions exactly, including the the 50 mile run in without going over 4000 rpm - a quick round trip on the motoway soon got that out of the way.

I have done just over a hundred miles with it in now and can say there is a noticable increase in power, I have never seen the traction control light so much . And, apart from the increased power you really can't tell it is installed, the engine and acceleration is still as smooth as before, no extra exhaust smoke, no warning lights, so I am really impressed. Now, in 6th gear on the motorway it is like lightning - overtake someone at 80mph and your will be doing 100mph+ before you know it.

I think this upgrade is a must for anyone with a 325D 197 bhp, it is well worth the money.
Appreciate 0