E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > pricing database - what did you pay?

09-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
zed04
Registered
Rep
Drives: coupe

pricing database - what did you pay?

I recently started a public database project on new car prices, and I thought members here might find it useful (and happily Jason didn’t seem to mind a post.) It’s called wikiworth, and it’s a free database that lets drivers anonymously share what they paid for their vehicles, as well as dealer quotes they received - kind of an expansion of the idea behind the 'what did you pay' thread. It’s designed to help answer the ‘what’s a good price for this car’ question, and to help negotiate better. It’s sort of along the lines of wikipedia, but for new car prices.

The site is all free and anonymous, and the info is searchable by make and model. It also allows you to rate the deals in the database on a scale of 1-10, so people can see what are good prices on specific models. The site is not a forum and has no message board features – E90Post is already a great place for pricing discussions, and we hope the info on wikiworth can help feed some of them.

Yours is one of the first groups to know about the database, although there are a number of deals listed so far. Since it's in beta, I’d like to ask anyone who is interested to take a look, and if you’d like, to anonymously add your own new car info. I’m still tweaking the site and adding new features, so I’d also be interested to hear any thoughts you might have.
The site is at www.wikiworth.com.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed04
I recently started a public database project on new car prices, and I thought members here might find it useful (and happily Jason didn’t seem to mind a post.) It’s called wikiworth, and it’s a free database that lets drivers anonymously share what they paid for their vehicles, as well as dealer quotes they received - kind of an expansion of the idea behind the 'what did you pay' thread. It’s designed to help answer the ‘what’s a good price for this car’ question, and to help negotiate better. It’s sort of along the lines of wikipedia, but for new car prices.

The site is all free and anonymous, and the info is searchable by make and model. It also allows you to rate the deals in the database on a scale of 1-10, so people can see what are good prices on specific models. The site is not a forum and has no message board features – E90Post is already a great place for pricing discussions, and we hope the info on wikiworth can help feed some of them.

Yours is one of the first groups to know about the database, although there are a number of deals listed so far. Since it's in beta, I’d like to ask anyone who is interested to take a look, and if you’d like, to anonymously add your own new car info. I’m still tweaking the site and adding new features, so I’d also be interested to hear any thoughts you might have.
The site is at www.wikiworth.com.
Thanks
Check your web site - can't get true registration!!!!
      09-14-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
zed04
Registered
Rep
Drives: coupe

Not sure what you mean by true registration? At any rate, there have been a bunch of new car prices added in the last few weeks. If you're interested, check out the site (it lists actual prices people have been paying for new cars), and feel free to add yours or help rate the deals in the database. The site is at www.wikiworth.com
Appreciate 0