E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bad situation

07-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Thumbs down Bad situation

so my mom had to do a little shopping before leaving New york, i told id drop her off on my way to college for some paperwork..as soon as i started the car everything was fine until i parked my car outside in the heat i tried turing on the ac but there was no air coming from the vents..i tried auto..max everything u can hear the pathways opening up but no air as if the motor was disabled although the small lcd did display the amount of air but no air!

a few days ago i had my car half on in my garage and after about 10 minutes the car informed me of this symbol i checked the manual, its only if the connection are loose but i confirmed it wasnt..so that mean i need a replacement? i only have about 13k milage on my coupe

so what do you guys think is wrong with my baby?

sorry for the image position it came out like that from imagshack for some odd reason

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

You needed to tell us this whole story about your mom and her shopping just to tell us that you have a bad battery??

You have a bad battery... There...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
You needed to tell us this whole story about your mom and her shopping just to tell us that you have a bad battery??

You have a bad battery... There...
first of all im not sure if it is a loose battery or a faulty connection although i did check..this is not a whole story its only first two sentences thats states about shopping so if thats killing you then you shouldn't be reading this post!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

13K miles, I think the dealer will replace your bat if it is indeed dead. I have heard people getting dead battery replace free of charge if the battery died sooner then its expected life (your case seems to fit the bill). So it does not hurt to take it to dealer and let them run a few test to check the alternator as well and see what they say about it. And be nice to the dealer. Now if you killed the bat because you left the light on, then I don't think dealer should give you a free new bat.
      07-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
13K miles, I think the dealer will replace your bat if it is indeed dead. I have heard people getting dead battery replace free of charge if the battery died sooner then its expected life (your case seems to fit the bill). So it does not hurt to take it to dealer and let them run a few test to check the alternator as well and see what they say about it. And be nice to the dealer. Now if you killed the bat because you left the light on, then I don't think dealer should give you a free new bat.
haha yeah man that is true..but car starts to seem fin logic 7 is a blast but ughh need the ac in these hot conditions im going to goto the dealer next wednesday im busy this whole week
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Must be terrible to not have AC in this sweltering heat.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Must be terrible to not have AC in this sweltering heat.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
NightStalker
Rep

anyone know the solution for the AC? i really need it this week its getting anooying i cant even drive it its to hot =\
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Your problem is worse than you think. Someone has broken into your garage and tipped your car over onto its driver side door.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Your problem is worse than you think. Someone has broken into your garage and tipped your car over onto its driver side door.
haha. I get it - the picture.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
lol it would of helped if u posted my pic along to haha
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
dlwhite
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 2007 335xi

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
I didn't RTFM, and I don't know all the facts. But on other cars that I have owned this warning light could mean;
1. Bad connections.
2. Belts for altenator may be loose.
3. Altenator may be bad.
4. Your battery may be bad.

As far as the A/C not blowing if you can hear the noisy sob cranking away on max but nada through the vents you may have dlwhite-itis. Next to each vent make sure the dial is not in '0' position. '0' means off/closed, '1' means open.

If the car has I-drive I think the control graphics pop as soon you turn on A/C. Check you settings there.

If all else fails, you really do have dlwhite-itis and should visit the dealer.

Happy Trails!!!!
      07-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #13
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

I don't think anyone here is going to have a solution for you. You'll just need to take the car in and live without the A/C for now, unfortunately.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #14
AWM3
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, Alpine White

This is purely a guess, but it may be that certain functions are disabled when the battery voltage drops below a certain level. Probably the basic problem is with the battery. The climate control system is computer controlled, not mechanical, and if the climate control computer detects a weak battery, it may choose to not turn on the fan, in order to conserve power. Again, just a guess on my part, but I would be curious to know what the dealer says.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #15
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwhite View Post
I didn't RTFM, and I don't know all the facts. But on other cars that I have owned this warning light could mean;
1. Bad connections.
2. Belts for altenator may be loose.
3. Altenator may be bad.
4. Your battery may be bad.

As far as the A/C not blowing if you can hear the noisy sob cranking away on max but nada through the vents you may have dlwhite-itis. Next to each vent make sure the dial is not in '0' position. '0' means off/closed, '1' means open.

If the car has I-drive I think the control graphics pop as soon you turn on A/C. Check you settings there.

If all else fails, you really do have dlwhite-itis and should visit the dealer.

Happy Trails!!!!
yeah bro dealers my best bet now
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #16
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by car62 View Post
This is purely a guess, but it may be that certain functions are disabled when the battery voltage drops below a certain level. Probably the basic problem is with the battery. The climate control system is computer controlled, not mechanical, and if the climate control computer detects a weak battery, it may choose to not turn on the fan, in order to conserve power. Again, just a guess on my part, but I would be curious to know what the dealer says.
Yeah man thats what i had in mind haha because half the functions work and climate control doesn't so the motor or the blower is feeding in mayb it takes more power..i hope the dealer does replace my batter lol if not what ever is wrong im pretty sure its the battery now with all the suggestion..but you have a good point though!!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #17
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
I don't think anyone here is going to have a solution for you. You'll just need to take the car in and live without the A/C for now, unfortunately.
lol unfortunately dealer is my only option
well atleast my car starts up and i have transportation hah
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #18
rooster3.0
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

When my heat stopped working, this is what my interior looked like while they were troubleshooting. Turned out to be some clogged lines.
      07-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
NightStalker
Rep

oh man were there any damage left on your interior trims?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 09:32 PM   #20
NightStalker
Rep

btw that scares the shit out of me!!!!
Appreciate 0