E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Question regarding noise from the leftside of the trunk

07-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
K66Gunso
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 335i

Question regarding noise from the leftside of the trunk

It's been almost six month that I have this car. The first month or so which is around January/February, I never heard any noise coming from the trunk. Starting from March and until now, the fan sound will come on about 5 minutes after I start driving every single day. I thought that the fan sound should be sealed away from the cabin but the buzzing sound is heard through out the entire cabin very loudly and it is very annoying. I brought the car in twice for this problem but they can't find the problem with it but the SA said to me that he doesn't think this is normal because the sound is way way too loud in which u can stay away about 8 feet and you'll still be able to hear the buzzing sound. Since this is coming from the amp(If i'm correct) I tried many times driving without any music but the buzzing sound still comes up.

my question is that is this normal? could it be something else beside the fan for the amp? The low pitched buzzing sound comes from the leftside of the trunk, you can also feel the trunk vibrating when it pops up.

Thank you very much for any advice

PS. sorry for my poor english

Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Heated seats, Nav, HD Radio, Logic 7, Shades, CA, PDC, Steptronic, Active Steering
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Hm....It sure does sound like the fan is screwed up. Did they replace the fan? the amp?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
K66Gunso
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 335i

they didn't replace anything. they keep saying that they can't duplicate the problem but my SA already see what's going. I was expecting that he should be able to explain the symptoms to the technician but still, they haven't done anything yet. I'll bring the car in again probably next week so that they could fix it be4 school starts

Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Heated seats, Nav, HD Radio, Logic 7, Shades, CA, PDC, Steptronic, Active Steering
Appreciate 0