E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Question about non logic 7 unit

09-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335is

Question about non logic 7 unit

Hey, I just got my 330i and I have a question about standard cd player (non logic 7). Does the unit display time of the playing song or not?. I can't figure it out how to do it. The stereo is pretty strong in my books, however I would not mind a little more highs. I think it is a bit lacking in that department. Overall, BMW's standard unit seems a lot stronger/superior than 2003 Passat's Monsoon stereo.
I think I will be happy that I did not spend extra for logic 7.

Funny, in the owner's manual there is nothing about stereo. Are there any hidden functions of cd/mp3 player that are usefull? I hope there is something I can do to see track's time.

Other than that it's all gooooooooooooood
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
miamidanny
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer
Hey, I just got my 330i and I have a question about standard cd player (non logic 7). Does the unit display time of the playing song or not?. I can't figure it out how to do it. The stereo is pretty strong in my books, however I would not mind a little more highs. I think it is a bit lacking in that department. Overall, BMW's standard unit seems a lot stronger/superior than 2003 Passat's Monsoon stereo.
I think I will be happy that I did not spend extra for logic 7.

Funny, in the owner's manual there is nothing about stereo. Are there any hidden functions of cd/mp3 player that are usefull? I hope there is something I can do to see track's time.

Other than that it's all gooooooooooooood
The 330 and 335 both come standard with Logic 7...it's optional on the 325 and 328. I am not sure about the E90 displaying the time, but I know X5 does not display the time of the track either. So not sure if all models are like that.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamidanny
The 330 and 335 both come standard with Logic 7...it's optional on the 325 and 328. I am not sure about the E90 displaying the time, but I know X5 does not display the time of the track either. So not sure if all models are like that.
I am in Canada so we don't have logic 7 standard
So, I am stuck with professional stereo hi-fi, or something like that. It's pretty good but logic 7 its better - more contol of the sound.
You just confirmed it, that the unit doesn't display time of the tracks - I feared that.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep

Is there a mix (random) function for cd/mp3? It would be very cool if the unit would actually randomly change the songs.
What is "m" button on the left side on the stereo (between <>) stands for?

Are there any cool functions of cd/mp3 player? I did not find any info about the stereo in the owner's manual.

THX
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #5
rlc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Is there a mix (random) function for cd/mp3? It would be very cool if the unit would actually randomly change the songs.
What is "m" button on the left side on the stereo (between <>) stands for?

Are there any cool functions of cd/mp3 player? I did not find any info about the stereo in the owner's manual.

THX
You should have gotten a separate manual for the audio system.

This is for the non-IDrive radio.

The 'm' button is used for manual tuning of the radio.

When playing a CD pushing the button under RND on the display will start Random track play. With CDs only the Track Number can be displayed.

When playing an MP3 CD Random works the same way. Press the button under LIST on the display to show you the list of songs on the disc. If the List is displayed pressing the button under TITLE will display the Song Name and Artist if the CD was created correctly.

Here's a sheet of settings for EQ, etc.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Audio Setup - Non IDrive.pdf (71.8 KB, 104 views)
      09-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc
You should have gotten a separate manual for the audio system.

This is for the non-IDrive radio.

The 'm' button is used for manual tuning of the radio.

When playing a CD pushing the button under RND on the display will start Random track play. With CDs only the Track Number can be displayed.

When playing an MP3 CD Random works the same way. Press the button under LIST on the display to show you the list of songs on the disc. If the List is displayed pressing the button under TITLE will display the Song Name and Artist if the CD was created correctly.

Here's a sheet of settings for EQ, etc.

Thank You very much, however when I picked up my car yesterday and they didn't give me separate manual for the audio system.
I am shocked....if you don't mind, could you please scan it for me, if it is not too much truble. I have non logic 7 unit.

THX

I reveived 4 booklets on delivery:
- owner's manual for vehicle (nothing about stereo)
- caring for your vehicle
- warranty and service guide
- retailer directory

BTW, I also have truble with setting up the radio stations. Any help?

Last edited by bimmer; 09-02-2006 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #7
rlc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Thank You very much, however when I picked up my car yesterday and they didn't give me separate manual for the audio system.
I am shocked....if you don't mind, could you please scan it for me, if it is not too much truble. I have non logic 7 unit.

THX

I reveived 4 booklets on delivery:
- owner's manual for vehicle (nothing about stereo)
- caring for your vehicle
- warranty and service guide
- retailer directory

BTW, I also have truble with setting up the radio stations. Any help?
This is the booklet we get in the US. Should answer all your radio questions.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E90 Radio Owners Manual.pdf (879.2 KB, 218 views)
      09-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #8
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep

Thank You very much , I still can't believe that I did not get it when I took delivery of my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #9
E92-Mark
Environmental petrol head.
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d Coupé

Garage List
The 'm' button can also be used to skip forwards or backwards by 10 tracks at once when playing cds, helpful when using WMA/MP3 disks :-)

Currently : 330d SE Coupe, TiAg, Jade Leather Sports seats, HiGloss trim, 17" 188s, 6MT, CA, SunRoof, HBA, Pro Audio, 6CD, Bluetooth & Armrest
Retired : 320d SE E90, SG, Blk Leather, Xenons, Bluetooth
Appreciate 0