BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

BPM

08-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
KM3
Formerly K335i
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

8/27 Alfa Lapping Day at PR

Just registered for this. A few hundred miles of break-in left but I'm sure the car will be "ready" by then one way or another.

Anyone here planning on going?

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

I'll be there.

Nice chatting with you on Sat!

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Previous: 2009 E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
KM3
Formerly K335i
Rep

Definitely - look forward to meeting soon!

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
KM3
Formerly K335i
Rep

Hey all,

Frenchboy, Dawgdog and I had an awesome time at Pacific Raceways on 8/27. Frenchboy started a thread in the Track section here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300392

I took some in-car video - you can check it out in that thread. Enjoy, and hope to see some of you guys out on the track next time!

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
jid2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP

Happy New Year my bratwurst eating friends! It's Jared with the white EVO. What do you guys have planned for this coming track season, any fancy new parts for your wunder-kars (bad german for wonder-car)? Which track days are you looking at. Seems to be less going on this year, especially with the Alfa group. I'm planning on going down to Portland and Grass Valley. Probably PIR in March.

If you haven't seen this site it is great - it's a calender of all the track days locally.
http://www.pnwhpde.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep

Hi Jared, good to see you on this forum. Yes, we are looking forward to the season. We'll probably hit most Alfa days and some PIR days with the BMWACA. Not sure yet.

Dawgdog has a new BBK that he is dying to try on the track. I don't think I'll do much to my car except probably a new exhaust in the spring

Looking forward to seeing your beast out there ;-)

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
PIR track days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
Happy New Year my bratwurst eating friends! It's Jared with the white EVO. What do you guys have planned for this coming track season, any fancy new parts for your wunder-kars (bad german for wonder-car)? Which track days are you looking at. Seems to be less going on this year, especially with the Alfa group. I'm planning on going down to Portland and Grass Valley. Probably PIR in March.

If you haven't seen this site it is great - it's a calender of all the track days locally.
http://www.pnwhpde.com/
Hopefully the new Oregon BMW CCA Chapter will get PIR track days set up in addition to the ACA days currently scheduled, if not this year then next.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
jid2
Private First Class
Rep

Nicholas - I should have known you were a Frenchy. I lived in the Cote D'Azure for 2 years. And with your nationality you should be a Catia Guru. I hate Pro/e dead, every time I have to use it I curse in my head (all our legacy projects are in Pro).

If the BMW club would drop the requirement for a tech inspection before each event at a shop I would run with them. But that is too much work. The PCA is annually and I think that works out nicely.

I've built a few more aero parts for the car, a diffuser and a big GT wing - other than that it is the same as last year. Going to run Toyo R888's this year. I need to replace the head gasket to fix a small oil leak and then touch up the tune on the car still. I wanted to build a cage - but we had our 2nd child and it turns out I have no free-time now. maybe next year.

And I put some stickers on the car to promote my little side business that funds the car and track days.

You guys should down to Portland in March. It's a Friday/Saturday with Cascade Sports Car Club. Friday is the drivers school at the local community college, and then Saturday is lapping. Cascade is a good group. And PIR is smooth as butter. Compared to PR it is relaxing and you can really open things up. Last year it rained when I was down there and you had to take it easy. A CTS-V hydroplaned on the front straight and got wrecked.

Last edited by jid2; 01-27-2010 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
Nicholas - I should have known you were a Frenchy. I lived in the Cote D'Azure for 2 years. And with your nationality you should be a Catia Guru. I hate Pro/e dead, every time I have to use it I curse in my head (all our legacy projects are in Pro).

If the BMW club would drop the requirement for a tech inspection before each event at a shop I would run with them. But that is too much work. The PCA is annually and I think that works out nicely.

I've built a few more aero parts for the car, a diffuser and a big GT wing - other than that it is the same as last year. Going to run Toyo R888's this year. I need to replace the head gasket to fix a small oil leak and then touch up the tune on the car still. I wanted to build a cage - but we had our 2nd child and it turns out I have no free-time now. maybe next year.

And I put some stickers on the car to promote my little side business that funds the car and track days.

You guys should down to Portland in March. It's a Friday/Saturday with Cascade Sports Car Club. Friday is the drivers school at the local community college, and then Saturday is lapping. Cascade is a good group. And PIR is smooth as butter. Compared to PR it is relaxing and you can really open things up. Last year it rained when I was down there and you had to take it easy. A CTS-V hydroplaned on the front straight and got wrecked.
Nice track toy!

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
KM3
Formerly K335i
Rep

Jared, car is looking great! Looking forward to seeing you out on the track this year!

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #11
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep

Car looks great Jared. Looking forward to seeing you at the track.

I have used Catia a bit in the past and I am not a fan. I am partial to Pro/E for a number of reasons: Experience and I used to work for PTC. It's a powerful software that treats you well if you know how to use it.

Good work on designing car parts though. Very cool. Now, we need to get you to design BMW parts ;-)

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #12
jid2
Private First Class
Rep

Just to bring this full circle for you guys....

I sold the Evo about two years ago, after running out of time to maintain and track it. Guy who bought it had been tracking an E90 M3, and wanted to go faster.

I just got rid of my daily driver Mazda 3 commuter car and bought a 2012 E92 M3 as my daily driver and intend to prep it for "casual" track days. I guess I can start designing BMW parts now.
Appreciate 0