E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Few questions for you E93 owners!!!

08-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: my feet

Garage List
Few questions for you E93 owners!!!

Hey guys and ladies! The modding game has started on my e93 but now i need some help or advice from you vert owners.

1. I want a M3 style trunk spoiler, but all the sponsors and Tischer even said that the OEM Style M3 trunk spoiler only fits an e92? Has anyone had any luck with installing one on theirs?

2. Ive got some 19's on the car right now, I want to lower the car with the H & R sport springs, but all the ones I find are for an e92. The front I know needs a drop but what about the rear? in my eyes the rear looks fine and just at the right height with the 19's. Suggestions anyone?

3. I remember watching a promo video for the e93 and they showed how you can take out your luggage from the trunk with the top down, (so basically you didnt have to close your top all the way and then re-open it). I think you press the trunk button once and on the second time you press it, the top goes up half way and trunk opens. Can't seem to figure it out.

4. In the DIY section, they have a thread about the actuator unplug in the trunk, ive searched for an hour or so unscrewing everything that can be unscrewed and still can't find it. Should I just give up on that and go to the golf tee mod?

5. When I open and close the top a few times, i seem to find this gooey, rubbery black stuff all over the top near the seams. Anyone know what that is? And how can i get it off with out hurting the paint.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Thunder Dump
That tickles
Rep
Drives: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
3. I remember watching a promo video for the e93 and they showed how you can take out your luggage from the trunk with the top down, (so basically you didnt have to close your top all the way and then re-open it). I think you press the trunk button once and on the second time you press it, the top goes up half way and trunk opens. Can't seem to figure it out.
I'm a new E93 owner myself so I can't help you with all your questions but I do know this feature you're talking about only works if you have Comfort Access. I believe they call it Comfort Load.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
I'm a new E93 owner myself so I can't help you with all your questions but I do know this feature you're talking about only works if you have Comfort Access. I believe they call it Comfort Load.
ya ive got the comfort access but all that happens is that my trunk just opens thats it!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

wait i have CA... and I've never heard of that.. i read the manual too.. did i miss this?? where in the manual is this??

there is a sponsor selling M3 spoilers for our cars
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:
Hey guys and ladies! The modding game has started on my e93 but now i need some help or advice from you vert owners.

1. I want a M3 style trunk spoiler, but all the sponsors and Tischer even said that the OEM Style M3 trunk spoiler only fits an e92? Has anyone had any luck with installing one on theirs?

2. Ive got some 19's on the car right now, I want to lower the car with the H & R sport springs, but all the ones I find are for an e92. The front I know needs a drop but what about the rear? in my eyes the rear looks fine and just at the right height with the 19's. Suggestions anyone?

4. In the DIY section, they have a thread about the actuator unplug in the trunk, ive searched for an hour or so unscrewing everything that can be unscrewed and still can't find it. Should I just give up on that and go to the golf tee mod?

5. When I open and close the top a few times, i seem to find this gooey, rubbery black stuff all over the top near the seams. Anyone know what that is? And how can i get it off with out hurting the paint.

1. There are 2 available, one of the sponsers has a carbon fiber one for the E93 and J Levi has one you can get painted www.jlevisw.com

2. You need to go Eibach Pro-Kit for an E93 specific set of springs, part # 2099-140

3. You need comfort access (drive with the key in your pocket to do it), basically you press the trunk button twice very quickly and the roof will open to the middel stacked position, then you can open the trunk and put the roof back. If you want to make your roof work how it should from bmw, go to www.mods4cars.com and get a smarttop module - makes life so much better!!

4. Just go golf tee - just as easy, no error codes thrown and sounds great!

5. The black stuff is officially called goo and stops oozing out eventually - seems to happen more in hot climates. Should come off with some alcohol or a little simple green (both will take off your wax though!)
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
ya ive got the comfort access but all that happens is that my trunk just opens thats it!
You have to press the unlock button once and release it quickly then press it and hold it. 95% of the time I don't get the timing right and the trunk unlocks. It is second most useless feature on my car after the totally useless voice command system.

CA
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
Quote:
I agree, I almost never get it to work. You've got to hit the trunk button the second time very quickly after the first time. But I almost never use this feature anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:

Make sure the dealer did not pack the top with rubber Goo to mask leaks with the top.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Make sure the dealer did not pack the top with rubber Goo to mask leaks with the top.
oh man i saw your video...thats a shame, your right a 65k shouldnt even have any kind of water issues like that. I hope it all gets resolved.

Road Kill Rob thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #10
Rodrigo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
...You need to go Eibach Pro-Kit for an E93 specific set of springs...
+1 on the Eibach Pro-Kit. I highly recommend it, especially if you're thinking that the rear end is already low enough from the factory. Do a search for E93 and Eibach or Pro-Kit to find some pics.

I'd also check out the pics of M3 style spoilers on E93s before ordering one. I originally wanted one, but after seeing the pics I just don't think it looks too good. Our rear ends are just not as sexy as the E92s.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:

Throw some 20's on it, that will lower it down some, ride is hell though
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:

1. If you're looking for CF type Nick@Jlevi SW will take care of you. He's the only person that I found who carries CF type. The link to the website http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/BMW-...duct_info.html.

He also carries painted one http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/BMW-...duct_info.html

Painted one you can also purchase on e-bay for a better price.

2. H&R or Eibach lowering springs: H&R do lower a car more then Eibach

H&R spring specs and part numbers for E93 335i
http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguide.php?Mode=Application+Guide&SubMode=Find2& Year=2006&ModelID=603&q=2006%20|%20BMW%20|%20335Ci %20Convertible

PIC of E93 with H&R Sport springs http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275041

EIBACH Pro-Kit springs specs and part number for E93 http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...09747600031007

PICs of E93 with EIBACH Pro-Kit springs http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197289

3. Never managed to get it working with CA. SmartTop MOD is the solution plus additional great features.

4. Or upgrade to quad tips from Cyba

5. Had it too, it's just an excess "grease/lubricator" from roof frame. It'll stop after few months. "Goo Gone" cleaner does a great job to remove it when you wash the car.

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #13
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

subscribrd
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

OP, here's a link to my DIY E93 exhaust mod about unplugging the actuator....it is a B!tch to do...but the effect is worth it IMHO...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=e93
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #15
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
OP, here's a link to my DIY E93 exhaust mod about unplugging the actuator....it is a B!tch to do...but the effect is worth it IMHO...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=e93
sounds better...thanks dude
Appreciate 0