E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > 320i price? delivery time?

09-03-2006, 03:06 AM   #1
Abyss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M Coupe

320i price? delivery time?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Sorry that I have to start with a bit negative from BMW dealer.

We went to Doncaster BMW last week, there was a very good sales rep there to serve us and we spent 2 hours before negotiate the price. But we end up had sh1t attitude from sales manager when negotiate price (we were treated like low class citizen) . We stood up and left straight away. Pity the sales rep.
We went to BMW Melbourne yesterday. It was really friendly and good service. We placed a deposit within 20 mins after arrival

It is 320i Exec auto with sunroof, Jet black with Terracota leather. (Have to special order from Germany due to no such combo available in Oz). They have a Shapphire black but I'm never a metallic black fan rather have jet black and use the money for sunroof.

OK back to topic:

- The price we got is $61,650 drive away. Was it too high? or we done well?

- Earliest delivery will be end Nov to early Dec. Will it be silly to get deliver in this time of the year. or should we wait until MY2007 car but it will be March. Is Manufacturing year really important? May be wait to register Jan 2007?

Thanks for help!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
Bargain

Tell them to tint the car for you

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
coolpetcat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Sorry that I have to start with a bit negative from BMW dealer.

We went to Doncaster BMW last week, there was a very good sales rep there to serve us and we spent 2 hours before negotiate the price. But we end up had sh1t attitude from sales manager when negotiate price (we were treated like low class citizen) . We stood up and left straight away. Pity the sales rep.
We went to BMW Melbourne yesterday. It was really friendly and good service. We placed a deposit within 20 mins after arrival

It is 320i Exec auto with sunroof, Jet black with Terracota leather. (Have to special order from Germany due to no such combo available in Oz). They have a Shapphire black but I'm never a metallic black fan rather have jet black and use the money for sunroof.

OK back to topic:

- The price we got is $61,650 drive away. Was it too high? or we done well?

- Earliest delivery will be end Nov to early Dec. Will it be silly to get deliver in this time of the year. or should we wait until MY2007 car but it will be March. Is Manufacturing year really important? May be wait to register Jan 2007?

Thanks for help!
Agree!! The sales manager in Docaster BMW sux! I was comparing the price with Melb BMW in docaster, the sales manager say he dont care what price others gave, and say if I can afford his price then buy, if cant afford, then go Melb BMW, I was really pissed off...then I ran to Melb BMW....
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpetcat
Agree!! The sales manager in Docaster BMW sux! I was comparing the price with Melb BMW in docaster, the sales manager say he dont care what price others gave, and say if I can afford his price then buy, if cant afford, then go Melb BMW, I was really pissed off...then I ran to Melb BMW....
Did you drive your E90 to Doncaster BMW and thank him for his advice

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring

Nice price for the 320i exec, before ordering our 323i Touring we nearly went for the sedan and had negotiated a price of $62,500.

We were in the same boat as you concerning order times and delivery dates. We opted to go ahead and order ours in July. The first build date we could get was September (323i Touring is built in Munich and does not come from SA) which means delivery here hopefully in late October.

In our case we decided that since the 323i Touring was only released here in May it would not make a lot of difference to resale in the future as they would both be early builds of the same new model not seen here before.

Best of luck with the car and your ordering decision
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
Abyss
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moO moO nEL
Good idea and we should all drive our cars to show his boss that how many customers they lost.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
coolpetcat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by moO moO nEL
lol..actually I did, but it's the nice salesman who saw the car, and I guess he was really pissed off, but the manager didnt came.....it makes me feel bad for the sales person sometimes.....
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #8
Abyss
Enlisted Member
Rep

yeah. The sales rep was really nice to us but just manager was the problem.
Appreciate 0