E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > bluetooth issue..... :-(

08-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Buttons
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

bluetooth issue..... :-(

Hi,
Seem to have discovered something about my bluetooth connection in my 330d....

When it syncs with my phone, it only stores 4 names per letter on the A-Z list.
Problem being, i tend to know more than 4 people with the same starting letter!!
What is strange is that MUM isn't displayed and available to select on idrive A-Z, yet if i select it from my phone the idrive displays it!!
It is only displaying the first 4 names in directory...

ALSO........ sometimes when i recieve a call from say "HOME" it only displays ****** as apposed to HOME calling even though it is stored on phone and synced with idrive.
HOME is best example as it is the only name i have stored begginning with "H" so i know it is not related to whatever my initial problem is.

Is there some kind of bluetooth limitation?

(sorry for the long winded explanation!)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

Well... About the home number ringing you, is your home number withheld since any withheld numbers which call me get the same ****** display.

The next thing to do is check your phone on the BMW supported list :- http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bluetooth...312___,00.html

If it's on there, try doing a firmware upgrade of your phone and failing that speak to the garage to check for any software updates for the iDrive.

Hope this helps!

Pete
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Buttons
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Quote:
Well... About the home number ringing you, is your home number withheld since any withheld numbers which call me get the same ****** display.
i wish it was that simple. It hhas happened with other contacts too, i just used HOME as an emample cos it happened to me about 15 minutes before i started this post!

Thanks for the compatability link. Unfortunately i have an iphone (unfortunate when it comes to BMW bluetooth not in general cos iphones are the future!!) and from what i can see, it is not supported.

HOWEVER.......... that BMW page has a picure of an iphone being used in the adapter, i didn't even know these where available!!
If i were to get one of these, am i right in thinking that this connection is wired and does not rely on bluetooth cos this may solve my problem?

ps, if the answer the the above question is yes... anyone know where i can get one from and how much?!!??
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
wrighty
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
i wish it was that simple. It hhas happened with other contacts too, i just used HOME as an emample cos it happened to me about 15 minutes before i started this post!

Thanks for the compatability link. Unfortunately i have an iphone (unfortunate when it comes to BMW bluetooth not in general cos iphones are the future!!) and from what i can see, it is not supported.

HOWEVER.......... that BMW page has a picure of an iphone being used in the adapter, i didn't even know these where available!!
If i were to get one of these, am i right in thinking that this connection is wired and does not rely on bluetooth cos this may solve my problem?

ps, if the answer the the above question is yes... anyone know where i can get one from and how much?!!??
Yep I have just ordered one from BMW dealer for £60 less 10% if you haggle, and no it is not hard wired it does conect to the ariel on the roof though and charge it so Im hoping for a better connection.
And mine sometimes decides not to show the number when dialing but does display all the phone numbers on the list.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-BMW-3G...d=p3286.c0.m14
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0