E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Alpine HIFI spec clarification

08-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
v24mis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport coupe

Alpine HIFI spec clarification

hey guys,

i did some search on this forum and couldnt find any RMS power data on the Alpine HIFI amp?

i want to know how much power will the front speakers and the subs be getting after installing this amp?

thanks
aram
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
markymark34
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 325d M Sport

It is posted somewhere! All i can say is its well worth it, massive difference
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
v24mis
Private First Class
Rep

well i think that the blaupunkt tha555 is a better option to be honest as u can amp all the speakers and still have 2 x 125w rms left for the subs.... i really doubt that the alpine amp will give this much power to the subs
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #4
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
I believe the Alpine amp puts out 115w total which feed the front speakers and the subs on separate channels. It isn't a boom box but is such a big improvement on the standard system.

No doubt the Blaupunkt will be the way to go for more power everywhere but the Alpine is a relatively easy install in comparison with the Blaupunkt, the Alpine is a formal BMW upgrade and is very integrated and purpose designed. Some people like that.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
v24mis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
I believe the Alpine amp puts out 115w total which feed the front speakers and the subs on separate channels. It isn't a boom box but is such a big improvement on the standard system.

No doubt the Blaupunkt will be the way to go for more power everywhere but the Alpine is a relatively easy install in comparison with the Blaupunkt, the Alpine is a formal BMW upgrade and is very integrated and purpose designed. Some people like that.
Aline costs from the dealer 240 + VAT the Blaupunkt costs £260 including the wiring loom.

They both seem relatively easy to fit, although im still not sure how to wire the subs from that 1 x 200w 5th channel
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
The Alpine kit includes the front tweeters and upgraded front speakers as well.

In my comments, I assumed that the big Blaupunkt amp would require tweeters and four upgraded door card speakers as well which, apart from the adaptor harness which has to be squeezed into a tight space behind the head unit, would also involve stripping out almost the entire interior trim.

The 555 is, I understand, too big and too hot to fit in the front passenger footwell and won't necessarily fit in the boot space where the Alpine goes. So, unless you are experienced at this kind of thing, the Alpine upgrade appears the less daunting - if also less powerful.
Appreciate 0