E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Procede software for 335i in Hong Kong

08-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
ec_893
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Sparkling Graphite

Procede software for 335i in Hong Kong

Anyone here got Procede installed in their 335i in Hong Kong? I'm thinking about getting one and want to hear your experience on it. For the power gain it looks promising. Do you guys also run this software with bigger intercooler and DV(is this necessary?) Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
ArktisE92
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 (Sold) / GT3RS / SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec_893 View Post
Anyone here got Procede installed in their 335i in Hong Kong? I'm thinking about getting one and want to hear your experience on it. For the power gain it looks promising. Do you guys also run this software with bigger intercooler and DV(is this necessary?) Thanks..
I'm running the V3 Canbus--performance wise it's well worth your money. Be aware that there's no support whatsoever out here in HK and you're at the mercy of forum users and whoever happens to be available from Vishnu.

An intercooler may be on the horizon for me but it's not a must unless you intend to track the car. For city driving my AITs have stayed manageable despite this ridiculous summer weather of ours.

If it helps you can PM me to check out the system in person. I'm very happy that I got this over the other tuning options--it's practically given my car a second life.
SOLD — '07 E92 335i 6AT ZSP | Drivetrain: Procede CANBUS | Supersprint Catback Quads | Suspension & Handling: Sachs Performance Coilovers | Brembo GT 380/345mm BBK | Breyton Race GTS + Michelin PS2 19's | Vanity: M-Tech Bodykit | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | MFD Air Scoops | ///M Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
nottie88
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArktisE92 View Post
I'm running the V3 Canbus--performance wise it's well worth your money. Be aware that there's no support whatsoever out here in HK and you're at the mercy of forum users and whoever happens to be available from Vishnu.

An intercooler may be on the horizon for me but it's not a must unless you intend to track the car. For city driving my AITs have stayed manageable despite this ridiculous summer weather of ours.

If it helps you can PM me to check out the system in person. I'm very happy that I got this over the other tuning options--it's practically given my car a second life.
What kind of support are looking for? I have a procede too and I work cloesly with workshop to make sure my car functions well.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
ArktisE92
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottie88 View Post
What kind of support are looking for? I have a procede too and I work cloesly with workshop to make sure my car functions well.
Working with your garage is one thing but sometimes it helps to have direct access to the tune manufacturer. I've been triggering 30FE/overboost limps lately and it's been difficult to get proper attention from the Vishnu guys.

I'm generally handy around cars but as with most things electronic sometimes you just end up banging your head against the wall. See my threads:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=30FE
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=30FE

Eventually I got some help from Dustin (who's great), but that was days after the onset of my problem and too many datalogs, code scans and limps on my part...

It's great that business is good at Vishnu, as I think they have an excellent product, but their customer service has to catch up with the business volume...
SOLD — '07 E92 335i 6AT ZSP | Drivetrain: Procede CANBUS | Supersprint Catback Quads | Suspension & Handling: Sachs Performance Coilovers | Brembo GT 380/345mm BBK | Breyton Race GTS + Michelin PS2 19's | Vanity: M-Tech Bodykit | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | MFD Air Scoops | ///M Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 01:31 AM   #5
M_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

for goodness' sake, just go for jb3, more power, better support, and less trouble.
or if you wanna save the hassle, giac would be better for u.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 03:39 AM   #6
ArktisE92
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_M View Post
for goodness' sake, just go for jb3, more power, better support, and less trouble.
or if you wanna save the hassle, giac would be better for u.
LOL sometimes I do think you're right. IMO the JB3 and Procede are different products catering to different ppl--the Procede is infinitely more fine-tuneable and with that, it comes with certain trials and tribulations of finding the optimal settings.

The GIAC tune is a totally different (and interesting) proposition--do you know if there are shops in HK capable of doing that flash yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92M3 and Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArktisE92 View Post
LOL sometimes I do think you're right. IMO the JB3 and Procede are different products catering to different ppl--the Procede is infinitely more fine-tuneable and with that, it comes with certain trials and tribulations of finding the optimal settings.

The GIAC tune is a totally different (and interesting) proposition--do you know if there are shops in HK capable of doing that flash yet?
i am also interested in getting the GIAC flash in HK, but have no idea where i can do it
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #8
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: White E92 335I Coupe

Alvin, I know there is a shop in Tai Kok Tsui acting as the dealer of Giac in HK and I used to drive my Audi prior getting back to Bimmer be/cos of the turbo!! Theeby, I know they were quite good numbers of Audiers locally to go that shop for Giac Audi chip and conceivably, they should have the Bimmer programe which able to provide you some local support...... Damn it... Revo doesn't do Bimmer or else, Revo will be a good source for the chip as my previous 2.7 biturbo engine was chipped by Revo and the engineer was doing mine as a customs tune stage 2 when he travelled to HK few years back.. Customs tune chip is indeed heaven and hell difference in compare to mass production programe with all standard fuel map and identical air flow ratio....
Lumma BDK, M3 CF Hood, I-Forged Triumph 19", AP-6pt-360FR, AP-4pt-345RR, M3 CF Lip, ACS CF RFS, CF Grill, JB3 3.0, Stett DV CHG Pipe + DCI + FMIC, NST Pulley, F+R Full M3 Susp Kits, M3 E92 Q-pipes Ex, UR Catless DP, Ohlins C/O, Eibach Sway, M3 Dash Cockpit, CF Wrap Interior, M3 CF Pedals, M5 Shft Knob, LED ATW, OSS Design BlackOut LED Angel Eyes!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92M3 and Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Freak View Post
Alvin, I know there is a shop in Tai Kok Tsui acting as the dealer of Giac in HK and I used to drive my Audi prior getting back to Bimmer be/cos of the turbo!! Theeby, I know they were quite good numbers of Audiers locally to go that shop for Giac Audi chip and conceivably, they should have the Bimmer programe which able to provide you some local support...... Damn it... Revo doesn't do Bimmer or else, Revo will be a good source for the chip as my previous 2.7 biturbo engine was chipped by Revo and the engineer was doing mine as a customs tune stage 2 when he travelled to HK few years back.. Customs tune chip is indeed heaven and hell difference in compare to mass production programe with all standard fuel map and identical air flow ratio....
oh thx alot, i better check it out there~~~
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: White E92 335I Coupe

Let me know if you want to know the shop's location and I can feed you the same so that, you can go there check it out yourself!!
Lumma BDK, M3 CF Hood, I-Forged Triumph 19", AP-6pt-360FR, AP-4pt-345RR, M3 CF Lip, ACS CF RFS, CF Grill, JB3 3.0, Stett DV CHG Pipe + DCI + FMIC, NST Pulley, F+R Full M3 Susp Kits, M3 E92 Q-pipes Ex, UR Catless DP, Ohlins C/O, Eibach Sway, M3 Dash Cockpit, CF Wrap Interior, M3 CF Pedals, M5 Shft Knob, LED ATW, OSS Design BlackOut LED Angel Eyes!!!
Appreciate 0