E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > bluetooth - again! and prob with DAB

08-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
coopersim
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420d

bluetooth - again! and prob with DAB

hi everyone, I've got a problem with my bluetooth - i can't get a blackberry pearl - fairly standard phone - to pair with the car, it says that it's not a supported handset - but it works on a car that is 6 months older.

background is - business sat nav, blackberry pearl.

also, my dab ALWAYS says no signal no matter where I am - and I know for a fact that there is a signal, any ideas?

Also... I've been quoted £920 to have a USB socket fitted by my dealer and coded, I'm thinking this is a bit steep! Can anyone point me in the direction of a self fit system that I can connect my Ipod to so it can be controlled from the idrive?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
coodem
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M335d

If the car is under warranty, get BMW to look at the DAB issue. As to the pairing issue working on one and not on another BMW. It could be the software version, or down to some hardware issue. I suggest starting with the software, as it will potentially be cheaper/easier to look at. Tell BMW that there is an issue with your idrive, keeps freezing, bla, bla. That might get them to update the software, which might cure the issue.

As to the ipod, I would get the Dension kit. It allows you to connect your ipod/USB stick and control it via the idrive, You get all the album/artist info as well. The unit will cost £300 ish and will need programming to your car, unless you already have the CD changer enabled. BMW charge between £150 and £250 to enable the CD changer, but will only do it if you have a BMW cd changer installed. I found a few Indies that will do the same programming for around £60-£90
Appreciate 0