E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > need help removing rear door attachment

08-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
cherrybeemer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 M4

need help removing rear door attachment

someone created a dent in the rear door attachment so i need to change it, just wanted to know if it was easy enough to get off with a bit of DIY, thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
williams11
Rep
Drives: bme 320d es

Fitted one of them last week for my sister . The one i fitted was into a 118d but im sure its the same fitment . Ok first lower window then around the window there is a plastic clip on dressing . I pulled it out of some of the clips and bend it slightly out of the way so i could access the window rubber . Up the side of the window where it meets your panel the rubber needs removed so as you can access 4 torq screws which hold this panel in place .Undo the 4 screws and the panel should pop out . Now when getting the rubber back into place you have to give it a spray with soapy water so as it will slide back down into the door . My instructions arent great but if you are anyway handy then this job should be easy , at least you know you dont have to remove the door panel .
hope this helps

see that dent in your pict , well the rubber im talking about that needs removed is to the right of the dent . Once this is removed you will see the 4 screws .
Appreciate 0