E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Another Boston area get together ?

09-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
bhootnath
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla MS, BMW 530i, MB GLS450

Smile Another Boston area get together ?

If I'm not wrong, there was a get together in Boston sometime right around July 4th this year. I couldn't join (too bad!), I thought few others also were interested, but couldn't join due to various reasons. Can we plan to have another meeting in the Fall, before it starts getting cold ? Any thoughts/opinions/ideas ?
Previous BMWs:
MY 06 BMW 325xi, MY 06 BMW 330i, MY 11 BMW 328i Convertible, MY 13 BMW x3, MY 12 BMW 528i
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
myXI
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330XI

I missed out on the gathering. I would be interest in another one.
As an idea, I did find out about an event hosted by Bavarian Autosport. It is "Show & Shine 2006" on 10-01-06. It's not Boston. It's Portsmouth, NH.

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp#undefined
      09-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
JETBLACK 330
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci

Absolutely worth the drive!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

The last autocross event of the year is on Oct 1st for the Boston Chapter.. I can't make that date, but those sho-n-shines are a blast. The last get together was nice, but was had too large of a show up window, and most of us just hung in the parking lot for an hour or two (but it was still great meeting you guys!). I think it was a 2 hr window.

I have another idea though, or a separate meet idea. On Sunday Oct 29, the Boston Chapter is having a event called a test-n-tune. You don't have to be a CCA member to attend the event. You can find out the details here.

Basically, it's a complete autocross school, along with slaloms, coned figure 8's, kidney courses, etc. It would give you guys a chance to check out your e90's the way they were meant to be driven.. at 8/10ths or more.

Since I'm one of the guys running the event, I'll ask that no hot heads, drifters, or tire smokers show up. It's meant to be a day of fun, learning about your cars, and hanging out with fellow enthusiasts!

Of course, I'm up for a meet anywhere else as well. I was just offering up a very cool way for us e90'ers to reprezent.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

I'm interested. Let's do it. Before the white stuff starts falling again!!

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
JKing3
Rep
Drives: E90

The test and tune sounds like a blast!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #7
NSM
Modeldater
Rep
Drives: BSM M6 Vert & BSM 1M

Lets do something in NE.. How about a fun meet/cruise.. Like a cruise to Racing America in Foxboro or an F1 boston cruise.. Racing America is much more fun IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSM
Lets do something in NE.. How about a fun meet/cruise.. Like a cruise to Racing America in Foxboro or an F1 boston cruise.. Racing America is much more fun IMO.
LETS DO IT!!! These cali GTG's and the Maryland GTG look incredible!

Let's go!!!

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #9
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKing3
The test and tune sounds like a blast!
It is! I co-ran a Mini Cooper meet last weekend, and it was a freaking blast. Over 100 minis showed up and 90% of the owners had never autocrossed before. You should've seen all of the silly ass grins growing throughout the day. I had the same comment from about 20 people that they had no idea their cars could do what they got them to do. Those who didn't say it, I'm sure they thought it.

There's still a few spots left for the Test n Tune, if any of you are interested. It can also be in addition to a regular meet. I'm up for both.

Today would have been perfect with the foliage at just about peak coloring.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2006, 07:16 AM   #10
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lni
It is! I co-ran a Mini Cooper meet last weekend, and it was a freaking blast. Over 100 minis showed up and 90% of the owners had never autocrossed before. You should've seen all of the silly ass grins growing throughout the day. I had the same comment from about 20 people that they had no idea their cars could do what they got them to do. Those who didn't say it, I'm sure they thought it.

There's still a few spots left for the Test n Tune, if any of you are interested. It can also be in addition to a regular meet. I'm up for both.

Today would have been perfect with the foliage at just about peak coloring.
Ini, my sister was supposed to come visit next weekend, and plans fell through. I am now interested in going to the Autocross/Test and Tune next weekend. Are there still spots available? Let me know the best chain of events to follow to properly drive next weekend, if it's not too late. If the weather is anything like this weekend, that would be incredible.. Let me know..

PS. Are you attending the Wine Tasting.. I will try contacting the chair of that today as well, I'd be interested in going to that.. Again, I apologize for the late notice and understand if there is no space.. Like I said before I just found out I would be free that weekend and didn't know I was going to be..

EDIT: Ini - one more thing.. I was just talking with my Boss, and he's shown interest in autocrossing for a while as well... So my new question is do you have room for two more?? my e90'er and a corvette Z06 ().. I've been reading through the handbook and advice links you had, and getting wicked pumped about this. That and the current weather situation = Man do I hope there's room...

Last edited by Josh49; 10-16-2006 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49
Ini, my sister was supposed to come visit next weekend, and plans fell through. I am now interested in going to the Autocross/Test and Tune next weekend. Are there still spots available? Let me know the best chain of events to follow to properly drive next weekend, if it's not too late. If the weather is anything like this weekend, that would be incredible.. Let me know..

PS. Are you attending the Wine Tasting.. I will try contacting the chair of that today as well, I'd be interested in going to that.. Again, I apologize for the late notice and understand if there is no space.. Like I said before I just found out I would be free that weekend and didn't know I was going to be..

EDIT: Ini - one more thing.. I was just talking with my Boss, and he's shown interest in autocrossing for a while as well... So my new question is do you have room for two more?? my e90'er and a corvette Z06 ().. I've been reading through the handbook and advice links you had, and getting wicked pumped about this. That and the current weather situation = Man do I hope there's room...
Great! There's room for both of you. You would have to sign up from the site though, so you can get the automated notification about the event.

There's a few Z06's that run with. I'll guarantee you'll have a blast! If either of you do not have a BMWCCA number, you can use 999999 for this event, but for regular autocross series events, you'd need to be members. That's why I love this event. You get a ton of seat time and get to make up your mind if you'd want to do any of the series events.

I think that the wine tasting is at Denis' house and was in danger of being canceled due to lack of attendees. I would love to go to those, but I can't see driving 40 miles after having a few glasses of wine. Denis lives a good bit away from my house.
Appreciate 0